Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goign to hesperia lake Need Help!
I was hoping someone could let me know the recommended bait for Hesperia Lake. Also can you take boats with motors out there? I will be fishing for Trout lighting and rainbows.

Thanks alot
[signature]
Hello,
Although I haven't fished Hesperia I would be willing to bet when targeting trout there you can't go wrong with powerbait on light line (2 or 4 pound) with a sliding sinker so they don't feel the wieght when hitting the bait.

Also everytime I trout fish I like to throw a wrdens roostertail which works about half the time.

Please drop by the California board (just scroll down until you see the board) to find out specifics on boat access etc.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
That theAngler guy is a pretty smart dude. It looks like he poached my answer before I could get to you.

He is right though. Power Bait (bring a few different colors), #14 treble hook on a sliding rig.

Also bring some night crawlers around and some #6 "Baitholder" hooks. Those have the little barbs to hold the worm better.

Rooster tails (as was mentioned earlier) 1 White, 1 Brown and 1 Green seem to be some of the better colors for Trout.

1/12 oz Kastmasters 1 Gold and 1 Silver seem to be a good charm too. More than likely the trout will be planted. They do like flashy objects just like the Kastmaster and the Rooster tails.

Good luck and don't forget to give us a fish report.

Just remeber, "Even a bad day fishing beats a good day at work".[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the input CharlotteSanders. I wish that we had more knowledgeable people like you on our site.

Would you care to sign up here?? It is free and has some extra privelages. We don't spam you either and the site is safe enough for a 6 year old to navigate without running into bad things.

There is a "New User Registration" button located in my signature line at the bottom of this reply. Just click on it and follow the simple instructions. Be sure to check your email afterwards for the "Verification" instructions.

If you are a California Member, I have some goodies that I send to all the new members. Be sure to check out the California board after you are registered.[cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there Randomact - Couldn't find out anything regarding boating at the lake. I'm inclined to say no. But give them a call to be certain. Their phone # is: 760-244-5951. Here is some additional info:[/size][/green][/font] [/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=22582;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=22581;]
[/center]
[signature]