Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March is almost here!
Oh, it's a beautiful time. Feb is winding down, spring is around the corner. Next thing you know, everyone will be complaining about how hot it is. LOL, i'll never complain about that. I love the heat, because with the heat comes hot fishing action!

Come the middle to end of March last year, we were in the 70's and 80's, and I even saw a 90 degree day in there. So, in about another month, it's on like donkey kong. [crazy]

I look foward to seeing ya'll out there on the water. Shoot me a message when you guys are heading to the inlet, we'll have a little contest.[cool]
[signature]
80 degrees in March?? [url "http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm801BNUS"][Image: 36_19_2.gif][/url] I'll be happy to be in the 40's so the Bass will bite and I can take off the gloves. LOL

[url "http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNxdm801BNUS&utm_id=7923"][Image: sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm801BNUS][/url]
[signature]
Dang, that sucks. That's why I don't live up your way. LOL, I hate the cold weather. I wouldn't last a year before i'd be tired of it. If I move again, it'll be further south. [Wink]

What month do you guys start fishing up there?
[signature]
now we are getting a nor'easter for tuesday into wensday,i guess i will not be taking my sweetie out for our anniversary dinner on valentines day
i start flyfishing on the first weekend in march at the hatchery,its been many times we looked like a snowman with fishingpoles.
[signature]
LOL, I can only imagine. I can count the number of times i've been in snow on one hand. So litterly, I can only "imagine." [Tongue]

I dunno, for me, the weather is half of the "fishing experiance." I'm not just there to fish, i'm there to enjoy being outdoors, and I can't enjoy it if it's freezing cold outside. It's actually pretty hard to get me out of the house when it's below 40 degrees. LOL, pretty Sad eh?

I've just spent the majority of my life in warm climates, so cold weather is just discouraging. On the flip side of that, i'd love to catch some of your cod you guys have up there. And i'd love to salmon and halibut fish on the west coast. So, i'm going to have to brave the cold to make that happen one day. [cool]
[signature]

[signature]
lol,i guess i cant talk you into icefishing in -45 degree weather then.to me fishing is fishing nomatter what the weather is.sometimes challanging mother nature with the cold is part of the fun and excitment.then you tell the stories of what you have done to others ,and the lookes what they say makes even more fun
[signature]
Well, i'd go ice fishing with you, but only under certain cercumstances. [Tongue]

I don't mind the cold as long as i'm moving around. So, the walk out onto the ice is no biggie. Once we get to the fishing hole, however, if there isn't a shack with some kind of heat in it over the hole, I couldn't do it. [Smile]

So if you've got a heated shanny, we're good to go. I'll sit out there all day and drink coffee and catch fish. [cool]

It would be cool if you and gregg could plan a field trip down to SC though. I'd be more than happy to book us a camp site and fill my boat up with gas. Hell, we'd have fun just shark fishing at the inshore reef. It couldn't be longer than a 6 hour drive or so from CT is it?
[signature]
that would be cool to do,but i dont know when i will have the time right now,i havent even been down to see my dads house in N.C.yet.he's been there a year now.i know its a 8-9 hour drive to D.C.for me so the hit S.C would been somewhere around 16 hours,just a guestament
i do have a portable icehouse,i dont use it very much,only when its raining
[signature]
I did mapquest from Greggs neck of the woods, and it was 12 hours. That's one heck of a trip. The longest i've ever driven is 8 hours to Florida. That wasn't too bad, but another 4 would've sucked donkey butt. I know my Wife just left for Penn. Yesterday afternoon. She left at 4:30 PM at got to PA at 3:45 AM. Normally the trip takes 12 hours, and I would've figured longer with all the snow, but she made some good time. I'd say if map quest say it'll take you 12 hours, it'll take about 10 and a half. It's all interstate miles, which makes it OK. [cool]
[signature]
not a bad guess i mad then,i will pm you with my add.see what mapquest says
[signature]
My first date with the wife was on the 13th. Being the cheap swede I won't be spending any money on that. May not have work on wed. due to the storm coming in. [ cheap boss] I recieved two med. shirts from Mike this week. If anyone wants one let me know. Somehow they won't fit.LOL
[signature]
That's funny, my wife and i's first date was the first saturday of Feb, so not far off of yours.

My son wears a Medium, but he's already got a long and short sleeve shirt. I require an XL or I look like I have spandex on. It's interesting though. Before we had our newest baby, I was wearing a large. Since he's been born, i've put on weight. LOL, what's up with that? It's all in my belly. I don't even hardly drink or anything. Where's the it comming from? LOL
[signature]
You're 790 miles away. LOL, that's a long trip. 13 hours according to mapquest. I'd say it wouldn't be a bad trip at all if you're in a comfy vehicle and got someone with you to talk to along the way and to allow you to "tap out" when the ol' eyelids start getting heavy. I actually like the long trips, as long as I'm not by myself or with someone that's anoying. LOL [Tongue]
[signature]
13 hrs isnt bad,i spent a few 30 hrs days behind the wheel plowing snow for the state.the state boys get rest breaks every 8 hrs.contractors can take breaks,but they dont get paid,soo keep the truck moving,lol.i am glad i stopped doing that
[signature]