Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Slow" at BEAR LAKE
Today was not the best,we headed for the rockpile and 10 min.later we were fighting 3-4 foot waves so we loaded up took a drive around the east side,it was pretty calm, Launched at Cisco Beach only cought 4 fish with 1 mack at 3# and 2 small cutts and 1 whitey!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
We ended up catching 12 fish today at the Bear. The largest went 3 3/4 pounds (cutthroat) and the next largest was 3 1/2 pounds (mack). It was an adventure getting the equipment to work in the freezing temperatures; however, one boat didn't even make it out of the marina. We fished straight out from the Utah State marina and then around the rock pile.
[signature]
Kent, did you have any problems with the waves? WH2
[signature]
No, we didn't have any problems. We first fished straight out from the marina, because my steering cables were frozen again (the boat is in the shop right now and those cables will be replaced) and the waves weren't a problem for us. Perhaps the waves were worse down by the rock pile. The wind died down more and more as the day progressed. It turned out to be a pleasant day, after the early morning hours.
[signature]
I forgot to mention in my first post that I dropped my AquaVu to the bottom and saw lots of fish down there, within inches of the bottom, in the area of the rock pile. It also did not seem to spook the fish. It appeared that I could see about 6 to 8 feet through the water. Had it been a sunny day perhaps the visibility would have been even better.
[signature]
Kent, could you see what the fish were? Any big fish? WH2
[signature]
They looked like they were cutthroats. It is difficult to judge size really accurately with an AquaVu, unless you happen to catch one of the fish you are seeing. However, several of them were definitely decent fish.
[signature]