Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake 02-10-07
Went up with doggonefishin and kniephof to Fish Lake. Beautiful day, little breeze, and this body of water lived up to its name. Caught perch, splake, rainbow, and my first-ever lake trout. Great fight on perch tackle! Fished in depths from 15-52. It was easily a 100+ fish between the three of us. It was my first time also at Fish Lake, great fishing and great company!
[signature]
nice report and picture. headed there on thursday. hope to do as well as you guys did. thanks for sharing. [cool]
[signature]
Nice report George and nice fish, how long was it? I've always wanted to get to fish lake in the winter for some ice fishing but haven't made it yet, sounds like a blast.
[signature]
The lake trout was 23" long and weighed 3 lbs 6 ozs. It was great to be able to target species by just changing depths. Shallow for perch/splake and deeper for rainbows and other bigger fish, although that lake trout came out from 18'. Even though it was a Saturday, we were only joined by a small number of anglers. With the recent snow storms, it probably won't be as slick as it was last weekend.
[signature]
Congrats on the laker, any size to the perch or just dinks?
[signature]
The perch ranged from 6"-8". It was fun to see them come up and chase your offering up to 5' from the bottom. Caught lots of them just outside of the weedline.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. Always fun to score multiple species...including a couple of new ones.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice report. Congrts on your first Mac George. Way ta,,
[signature]
Some fun, huh, George! How did your new electronics work for you - they are new, aren't they? I bought your old one.
It looks like you got the laker down by Lakeside Marina, right? Did you try Ice Cut'rs? The pink ones I got from Maniac are all gone. I gave a couple away and the rest got ripped to shreds by 'bows and splake.
I wish I could go back again. That was lots of fun. Maybe I'll hit the Berry soon.
[signature]
The Marcum worked great! I believe we were in the area called Doctor Creek. Last weekend was my first time at Fish Lake so I am not very familiar with the area, but it won't be the last time either. How's the Fishing Buddy working out? I haven't tried the Ice Cut'rs yet, but found something similar made by Yum called the Beavertail. Sportsman's Provo has the Yums but not the Maniac Ice Cut'rs. I am going to have to get them online. See you on the ice, hopefully before the season is over.
[signature]
What do most of you use to target the macs at Fish Lake? Size of tube jigs, colors, meat, depth, parts of the lake?
[signature]