Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday at Da' Berry
Hit Strawberry and fished around Chicken Creek East on Sunday with Dj Ole, Holleywood and a neighbor. Fishing was slow for most of the day with a lot of moving around and experimenting with colors. We finally figured out that chartreuse or yellow would do the trick. Ice cutters (Thanks Maniac) by far out fishes tube jigs or paddle bugs. We managed 8 fish all in the slot with the biggest coming in at just over 19". Lots of snow and hail fell putting down another 6", but warm temps melting it as fast as it fell. We fished on 18 to 24" of ice. All in all it was nice to get out of the inversion and breath, not chew the air for a while............

Bass_Turd
[signature]
Nice pics...
but you have to hold them even CLOSER to the camera if you want us to think they're lunkers! heheh
[signature]
Looks like you guys had a good time! Did you run out of BEER?? hahah...
[signature]
I couldn't hold the fish any closer to the lens without getting slime on it![Wink]
And I unfortunately was the D.D., but they didn't run out of the brewskies
[signature]
Nope, we didn't run out of the brew's, and I paid for this morning, but it was worth it!!
[signature]
It's good to see you had some fun fishing with the Ice Cut'r bugs. Those lures seem to catch just about everything, I caught Trout, Macks and Burbot on Ice Cut'rs this past weekend.
Thanks for the report!
James
[signature]
Cutr's rule... just a side note, I was catching big perch with white ice cutr's in 40 feet of water and I was fishing at 25 feet... the perch liked the cutr's also
[signature]