Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanna whip on walleye and wipers
I've never caught any!![blush] When some of you who have caught them decide to go out, do you mind if a greenhorn tags along? Anywhere, any time would be fine with me. I'll ante up the gas/fuel and follow the masters' touch.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Mr. L. Ripper,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I love seeing posts like yours. Isn't this site great! I would love to take you out some time and watch you hook into your first wiper, watch you grin as it fights hard all the way in, just to find that it's only 2 lbs.!! Pound-for-pound they are great fighters.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I'm still learning what works and what don't out there at Willard but I would love to have you along and show you what I do know. From your profile I see we live very close so that should make it nice. In the spring and fall when wipers are more active, I'm generally out there every week. I have to forewarn you that I seldom target walleyes. I generally bring those in by accident. I need to study and work the walleyes more myself.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It won't be long now before wiper success will start to begin. So keep "Old Coot" in mind and send me a PM in about a month ... we'll go.[/size][/font]
[signature]

Coot
your too modest.
Take him up on his offer,I know he can catch 575 in 3.49 hours.
[signature]
Coot, I would love to go out with ya to, I'm more of a trout fisherman, but living so close to Willard, I want to hook into those wipers, I'll supply the boat when you guys want to go.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Fish-N-Fool,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Good to hear from you again. Yes, by all means, and yes, we'll take your boat. Until I can afford a new motor, going with anyone else is always a luxury. My little 6 hp motor tops out at a fire breathing, hair splitting 8 mph! Takes me half the day to get to the light pole. But wipers seem to love it's gray color (he, he). [/size][/font]

[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"]I'll definitely keep you and [/font][font "Comic Sans MS"]Mr. L. Ripper in mind. The water temps have got to come up a bit too before the wipers start to get active. [/font][/size]
[signature]
[cool]I knew someone would get confuzzzzzzzzzzed.lol

coot,let me know when the water warms up and I will make a trip up.LOL

later,the first,fishinfool[Tongue]

but not the only one on this board,

welcome aboard,FISH-N-FOOL[Wink]

Later,Tony[cool]
[signature]
It sounds like "Old Coot" is going to be putting on quite a wiper fishing clinic this spring. I know I am interested. Havent met you yet, but you seem like a alrighty guy. Thanks for your help to all of us greenhorns with them wipers. Look forward to seeing you on Willard this season!!!!

PoloKid
[signature]