Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter From Japan
Hey! It's Munetsugu Sugita.
How are you and Chris doing?
I finally came back from Christmas Island!
It was nice there. I cought 10 pound Bonefish and 60 pound GT!
Of course catch lot of them!!!!!
Here is the peacock bass picture I cought!
Thanks
[signature]
Hey Stan. Nice Peacock. I can't wait till the start putting those things on the West Coast.[cool]
[signature]
When they do I'll come visit you.
LOL
Stan
[signature]
I know they do have them in Florida and Hawaii. I might have to go to one of those states.[cool]
[signature]
I don't think so pal, you west coast guys have enough fish to catch. [Tongue] We need more inshore species over here on the mid east coast. [cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Genku Des (sp ? - no Katakana here)[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Wow - nice bass you caught there. Usually over here, we hold the rod in our hands - not in our mouths. But, nice going on the catching ! Got any photos of the 10 or 60 pounders ?[/size][/black]
[signature]
I think that Stans's friend Sugita caught those guys. I'm not sure, Stan, could ya clarify? [Smile]

Those are some killer fish. I've never had a chance to target GT, I hear they are a blast.[cool]
[signature]
Right, I didn't catch them. Suigata caught them. He was on his way to Christmas Island and fished one day with Chris. I wrote and ask him to send some CI pictures of the bonefish and GT.

He said the peacock bass were in shallow water chasing baitfish and he cast his fly about 10 feet in front of them as they moved along the shore. As soon as they saw it they crashed it. I think he was more excited about seeing the strike than catching the fish. LOL

Stan
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]I'll have you note that Munetsugu Sugita caught them using a fly rod. That must have been a thrill.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
We only have 422 species on the Whole west coast. 14 of them are off limits to keep and another 17 of them are more than 5 miles off of the coast.

That doesn't leave a whole lot for the shore dudes.[crazy]
[signature]
LOL, you still got more than us. We've got a grand total of like 15 or so species with in bank to 10 miles out. That's it, so, you've got us beat. [Smile]

So, if there's ever a raffle to import Peacock bass somewhere, I think the SC coast should get them [sly]

Na, there's plenty to go around. I'll pay the shipping charges if someone will UPS me a male and female to drop in the river. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool] I was wondering how long it would take for you to jump in on this one.

Catch me if i'm wrong, but that didn't look like a very heavy fly rod combo, so how difficult are we talking to land a large fish like that?
[signature]
I wouldn't even think of Bucket Biology.

If I knew that I had a pair of Peacock Bass headed this way, I would start making some suitable habitat for them in my back yard.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]It is rather difficult to tell the wt of the rod however, the line looks heavier than a 5 or 6. Blew the picture up to see whether or not if its a boo. Can't tell from the pixel distortion. Anyhow I wouldn't mind catching one of those pc's on a swatter myself.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
excellent pics! Is that a bamboo you're using?
[signature]
Hi Sugita! Great pictures and thanks for clearing up the "rod mystery."

Take a moment and register with BFT, we'd love to have more reports from you. Stan always keeps us informed, but the more the merrier!

Great pics as well, we look foward to seeing more of your catches! Thanks Sugita!

Bryan D.
[signature]
Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up--I was thinking that fish would have been a real blast on some bamboo [cool]

Hope you register, and continue to post, there's a fantastic bunch of people on this forum.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing with us Sugita. I would also like to invite you to register. This is a nice place and we can all learn from each other.[cool]
[signature]
Sugita-

Those are some beautiful fish you caught there[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Wow…I’m so jealous! Fishing for Peacock Bass in Costa Rica has been one of my lifelong dreams! Maybe someday!!! Great job-I’m sure you had an incredible time! [/size][/font]
[signature]