Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A sad day for me.
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Today I left the house to run some chores. Left my dog in the garage so that she wouldn't lie on the damp grass. When I go home and opened the garage she was lying on her mat. I called to her but no response. Thought that it was rather unusual for her to have her eyes and mouth open. I shook her a little & still no response. That is when I realized that after 14½ years my buddy left me. She probably had passed away with the last 10 minutes as she was still warm. Never have been good at handling the passing of one of my pets. Goodbye Sitka.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21782;][/center]
[signature]
Dry Rod,

So sorry to read of your loss. It can be so devastating to loose one who has been with you for many years.

It is a good time to go spend a few days with some good friends you have not seen in a while.
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thanks Scruffy_Fly. I appreciate your words of comfort.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
sorry for your loss,its tough to lose a buddy like that
[signature]
[#800000]Sorry to hear of her passing.. she was a beautiful pet and was obviously loved and well cared for by her "human". [/#800000]
[#800000][/#800000]
[#800000]As with anyone or anything else close to us the memories will be what sustains us and makes us pause and Smile.. to this day there are still times I stop and think I have to feed or do something with my dogs only to realize neither one is there .. and then I Smile as I remember something special about one or the other of them.. [/#800000]
[#800000][/#800000]
[#800000]I think Scruffy flies suggestion is good.. share your feelings with friends (such as us)... dont bottle them up as so many do.. Sitka will always be with you.. and that is how God intended it to be.. [/#800000]
[#800000][/#800000]
[#800000]MacFly[/#800000]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Dry Rod you broke my heart with this one. With a teary eye, I say she is up there with little Jazzy playing around.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Remember we are there for you my friend[/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thanks Flygoddess. That is why I posted my message here. Having a family that I could count on both hands & who are out of town decided to share my feelings with my on-line family. Sounds kind of corny -but that is what Dryrod is all about.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21795;]
[signature]
[#800000]Not corny at all.. is what friends and family are for.. whether there in your house with you or on line with you..... FG's comment leads me to say Sitka (love that name since it reminds me of Alaska) is up there with Whitney and Dooley as well.. one big happy family.. up there.. and down here..

at one time I posted on this subject and one thing Id like to remind you of.. Sitka is no longer in pain or suffering in any of the ways a dog of 14 1/2 years would have.. I am betting she is running around like she was a puppy in happy anticipation of the time when the rest of her family joins her ...

MacFly

[/#800000]
[signature]
Sorry to hear that Ted, it sucks to loose such a close friend. 14 1/2 years is a long time, that old dog must have loved you unconditionally. Keep your chin up, Sitka's soul will always remain with you.[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thanks all. I was thinking the same thing today Macfly as I reflected on her time with me and my late wife. It would be nice to think that my wife Mary is taking care of her now.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
May God bless you and your dog. We just had one of our cats die and it is so hard to deal with. Its like a very close member of your family. Animals our so faithful and loving.
[signature]
Hey Dryrod[unsure] I'm sure it's Marys turn to take care of Sitka for the time being. You have poured all the love and kindness into her for as long as you could. The only thing is, is that the love you felt for both of them will live on to the end of the longest stream.[unimpressed]

Please be strong my friend. You have my #. Call me anytime you feel the need. Consider me as one of your local Brothers.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thanks one and all. I am really touched by your out pouring of friendship. Name me one other web site that can beat the good people here? I say none.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thanks all. I was thinking the same thing today Macfly as I reflected on her time with me and my late wife. It would be nice to think that my wife Mary is taking care of her now.[/size][/green][/font] [/reply]

[#800000]I'd say Mary and Sitka are biding their time time together waitng for the day when the family is all together again... :-).....

MacFly[/#800000]
[signature]
Dryrod, I'm also sorry to hear of your loss. May God bless.
[signature]
Please look up website Rainbow Bridge, this site will help you truly. Such a beautiful dog. God bless you and your dog.
"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be
seen or touched. They must be felt with the heart."

[signature]
Please visit Rainbow Bridge website for love ones lossed
[signature]
[size 1]Please visit Rainbow Bridge website for love ones lossed [/size]
[signature]
[size 3]Thanks mactuna. Thought that I would post this from that site for everyone who has lost man's/woman's best friend.[/size] [center][size 3][/size]Rainbow Bridge [/center] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... [/size][/font]

[/center]
[signature]
Heartbreaking! That is all i can say at this moment. Loosing a loved pet is as bad as loosing a dear friend or even close family. My condolonces to you Dryrod.
[signature]