Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaming gorge
i arived at 1:00 and got my room then headed down to the lake went to lucern to see if i could get this mac thing down. started walking off the dock when i decited to talk to two guys on snowmobiles iasked if theve done any good. they said they were up here two days allready with no luck. so i asked i theve herd of bft.long and behold it was blm and ifg he asked me if i had any cleats i told him no and he offerd me some and told me to try fishing off a point then they were off. i walked over off the point and startedfishing when i seen them going back and fourth.{ there was a big preasure ridge and they couldnt get over} so they came over to me and then hellsangler 69 showed up and they all invited me to fish with them. it was nice they taught me how to do the jigging technique. witch i thought was very kind i know theve got to be a little tight lipped about the mac fishing we didnt have any bites so hellsangler wanted to go north for some burbot. so they all took off. i fished for a half hour longer with no bites so packed up and was heading out when i looked over where ifg was fishing and his ice scoop feel out of his sled so i grabed it and was going to give it to him at the hotel. but i guess they stayed in green river.{iwas at the vila}. 2/ 18 headed to swimbeach at 6:oo am walked and walked and walked. thank you blm for those cleats i know i would have ended up on my ass 20 times if you didnt give me those cleats. started fishing in 60ft of watter no go so walked and walked to 100ft of water tryed everything tube,spoon the jig blm gave me nothing so i switched to a storm jig and finaly got a bite but no hook up. so i headed home at 1:00. ive tryed several times to catch those big boys with no results. dont get me wrong ive caught a couple of ten ponders in the summer but ive been fishing there for 20yrs without seeing any thing over that. i usaly get stuck fishing for kokes because my dads the one with the boat. took 2nd in the tourny 3yrs ago with a 4.3 i think. cant complain about that.well mebey next year. THANKS GUYS HOPEFULLY ILL SEE YA AGAIN SOON.
[signature]
Small world on the ice . It was nice to meet you . I never thought I would of bumped into BLM and IFG with them on sleds and I on foot . Smaller macks were biting at Buckboard and the burbot moved in after sundown . I was dead tired after only 2 hours of sleep on friday and fished from 6:00am to 8:00pm and the long drive .
[signature]
Glad you ran into those holligans! The IFG said he was going to call and give me an update, but if the fishing was that poor, I guess there was no need.
[signature]
Bigfish6, it hurts my feelings you left me out, I was there with HA69. The catching was tough for every one this weekend but we did end up with a few after 13 hours on the ice.
[signature]
Heh Mike- How's the ice around Lucerne? Should I charge the Digitroll batterie on the boat or do I have awhile still?
[signature]
JUST GOT SOME SNOW AND IT IS GETTING COLD AGAIN SO LEAVE THE DIGITROLL HOME AND COME DO SOME REAL FISHING LMFAO YOU STILL GOT A COUPLE WEEK'S MAYBE THER IS A TON OF UNSAFE ICE MY BUDDY FEEL THROW LAST NIGHT ABOUT 7:30 WHEN WE STOPED BURBOT FISHING AND WAS HEADED IN HE THOUGHT HE WAS FOLOWING ME BUT WHEN i LOOKED BACK HE WAS IN TO HIS NECK GOOD THING WE WERE AT THE TRUCK BUT MAN DID THAT SCARE THE HELL OUT OF ME HE WAS COOL WITH IT ALL HE SAID WAS IT AINT THE FIRST AND IT WONT BE THE LAST LATER ALL ASH OH BURBOT STINK AND THAY ARE SLIMMY AS HELL NASTY LITTLE BUGGER'S MY BUDDY GOT ONE THAT WAS 25'' AND FAT.......
[signature]
sorry mgb i knew there was four of ya but i just forgot your name dont hate me lol. AS for falling in i hope everyone will be carefull out there. all the lakes are thawing every where now dont want to see anyone go under. and hey ifg ill return that ice scoop if you go walleye fishing with me this sprin i know of a couple great spots where boats cant go. i have two toons and last yr got a 9lber and a 8.3lbr. this time i will talk a little more since ill be in my elliment. tight lines bf6. ps this snow might keep the ice around just a litttle longer.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Good to meet you, bigfish6. Which dipper did you find? The one with the red vinyl tip or the one with black paint? Either way, it doesn't matter. The things aren't that expensive. Consider it the spoils of war! LOL![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]