Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want to make small split tail plastic crappie jigs
can anyone help me find a 2 inch small jig mold with a hollow body and split tails want to make my own and change color varations and add scent to them any mold s for crappie plastic molds would be helpfull .and curlly tails also. want a melter for jig heads to add a swivel and small blade...... also looking for a 6 to8 inch worm mold with the front solid and back hollow with octopuss ends any all help is greatly helpfull.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There are several places (like Barlows) that have plastic lure making supplies, including molds. I think one of the best bets for you is [url "http://www.lurecraft.com/catalog.cfm/molds/plastic-molds"]LURECRAFT[/url] (link). You might have to spend some time looking through all of the different molds they list, but they have pics of the final products.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I doubt that you will be able to find a mold that has the split tails like on tube jigs, but this same supplier sells a "splitter" for about $30 if you can find the mold to produce the main lure. Don't know if you are talking about tube jigs or not. They require a "mandrel" to coat with the plastic and then you peel them off and split the tails. Might be some info at Lurecraft.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
thanks tube you the man . and yes i am trying to make some tube plastics for crappie fishing. by adding tri colors and scent to them.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]It is tough to make those little tube jigs. Better to buy white or clear sparkle and then custom color what you want with "worm dye". You can get it in several places but [url "http://www.lakehawk.com/"]LAKE HAWK[/url] (link) is a source for the most colors. I do a lot of custom coloring on shad bodies, grubs and tubes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just don't color up more than you will use on one trip, and keep them wrapped in a small piece of paper towel. The colors bleed.[/#0000ff]
[signature]