Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Gorge Report
We went to the Gorge on Sat. to Buckboard, got there around 3:30 PM after looking for a recip stamp and a parks pass. We went due East from the private launch point out about 300 yds in 60 ft of water, started to catch the little macs right off the bat. The funny thing about the little guys is that they would be a good fish for any other species, I think we caught around 16 or 17 in the 22" range. We actually went up there to target Burbot, we managed to scratch 1 around 9:00 pm, saying that they are slimy does an injustice, that goo was dripping off the fishing line like I have never seen, yuck to say the least, can't wait to go again and hook a whole herd of them. We stayed until 11:30 pm with a few bites. There was plenty of fish throughout the water column but it was tough to get them to strike.
We used 4" glow in the dark tubes, and 3" grubs tipped with sucker meat, night crawlers, and some meal worms, the meal worms actually did the best for the macs.
This was our first time after burbot, lessons learned; don't get the goo on the clothes, put the burbot outside the tent, and don't let it wrap around your arm, hence the first lesson of the gooed (is this a word) clothing, Ha. We had a great time fishing for these fish and I am hoping to get back up there soon so I can really get into them and have a great meal, I want to see what all the talk is about the poor man's lobster.
[signature]