Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took the wife fishing for our anniversary
For our 20th anniversary last fall a buddy and I decided we would take the wives (his 7th anniversary same week) to the lake for four days of hanging out, boating and doing some fishing.. I wasn't real sure how this would go since my wife is far from patient when it comes to just sitting around and I was afraid that the usually slow fishing at the cabin would discourage her..

[Image: normal_MVC-298S.JPG]

You need to look real close to see the mini bluegill hanging there.. But she had a blast.. And didn't even complain all that much when we tried night fishing.. Looks like a lot more vacations are going to be planned around places to go fishing..
[signature]
LOL, you're right. You've got to look close to catch the bream. But, you don't have to look very hard at all to see the great time that everyone was having. From the looks of the boat, even if you weren't catching much fish, I bet you'd be comforatable. My wife wants a pontoon boat with a hard top and a toilet. LOL, I told her to put the cutting board over her head and bring a bucket with her. [Wink]
[signature]
Great boat.. It's my dad's 24'..I'm looking to get a smaller boat this year (I hope) so I can fish more lakes.. Once his boat hits the water at the cabin that's where it stays until fall..

His boat "had" a toilet.. But it got yanked to make room for a mini kitchen and an on board generator.. We can make the cabin or the bar from anywhere on that chain of lakes in 10 minutes so the facilities are not all the neccessary.. We are far from roughing it..

I was thrilled that we actually had fun doing something together.. That seems sort of rare these days.. The problem now is that going fighing with the guys leads to 'discussions' about why the girls can't come along :p
[signature]
I totally understand the "thrilled we actually had fun doing something together." My wife doesn't like fishing or anything. Shopping only, that's the only thing that I know of she likes doing. She doesn't understand the concept of just being together, no matter what activity you're doing. I ask her every weekend what she'd like to do, LOL, no answer. So, i do try. I'll never understand her, but that's OK. I love her anyways. [cool]
[signature]