Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speckled trout
I'm going to fish some specks this weekend, anyone have any good ideas to try? There is about three and a half feet of ice up here![shocked]
[signature]
this is one I cant help you with, I have often wanted to go out for trout in the winter thruogh the ice, the lake I live on is conected to a designated trout stream so I cant fish for them here, and it is to far for me to drive.

we have some hard water trout anglers in utah, that may give you a tip or two.

I am in michigan, we have 24 inches of ice in oakland county,

where are you drilling your holes at?
[signature]
we use small med siminnows or a silver jig that,s straight up and down three triangled jig it up down slowly, and if no hits for awhile you can hook a minnow on the end of the 3 hooks and run it thru his lip good so,s the tail is downward. he,ll come from up under. or it will also float natural and they,ll hit it faster too. that,s all i,ve ever fished for, works with browns rainbow and speckled but a trouts a trout, they,re hungry they,ll hit anywasy. but that,s why i love natural bait they,re ain,t nothin that won,t hit it. you can git all kinds. of fish with notural bait. bass too! that,s what they,re use to. but that,s my opinion> love doin the night crawlers too! that,s what i use all summer spring fall, and catch my limit pretty near the time but throw what i don,t want back.and minnows.have fun later
[signature]