Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Humphreys
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Joe Humphreys was the guest speaker and presenter at our fly club tonight. A very interesting and humorous speaker. Hey TubeN2 he will be on the agenda at the up coming Fly show in PaSadena a week from Saturday.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][/size][/green][/font] [font "Poor Richard"][green]
Joe Humphreys caught the Pennsylvania state record brown trout (15 pounds) in 1978. He has taught fly tying and fly fishing for many years at the Penn State University and served as a private tutor for President Carter. He has authored a number of books and magazine articles and has created numerous video tapes on fly fishing techniques. Joe will be a guest instructor in the 3-day school.
[/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21974;]
[signature]
Will he be there on Sunday too. I'm afraid I can't make the Saturday but I will be there on Sunday for sure.[cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Yes - his presentation is scheduled for 2:45 on Sunday.[/size][/green][/font] [/center]
[signature]
Kewl!! I guess I will be able to see him after all.[cool]
[signature]
Joe is a fly fishing god. I've watched his videos time and time again. How would you like to go to Penn State for college and have FF'ing course with Joe as a teacher. Your FFing club is lucky.
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Perhaps if I had the correct instructions at an early age I wouldn't be such a duffer today.[/size][/green][/font] [Tongue][/center]
[signature]
I don't brag about my tying abilities either. I only tie what works in the Salt as well as a few misc streamers for LMB. They aren't the prettiest of flies but they work.[cool]
[signature]