Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Checkout 2-24-07
Hey I haven't been on in a while I have been enjoying the warm weather and spending time with my family . Just wondering if you happen to now the temp on utah lake or if you herd any fishing success ?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You have probably seen it by now, but I posted up a report on a tubing trip I made Friday. There was still ice on much of the lake, including Lindon Harbor and most of the area around Lincoln Beach.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We managed to find a small area of open water to fish, but it was only 2.5 feet deep. The water temp ranged from 38, next to the edge of the ice, to 42 degrees in the shallow part of the cove where warm springs trickle in. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I managed to catch two white bass in the shallow water but we both caught and snagged a bunch of carp. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There is some "color" in the water coming in from both Benjamin Slough and the Spanish Fork River. Runoff should increase this next week, with the warming weather. That wil bring walleyes up the tributaries and make them more available around the mouths too. Fishing the "mudline" can often be productive.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The ice remaining near shore on Friday was only a couple of inches thick, very rotten and a lot of it had been broken into pieces and refrozen. A few days of the higher temps this week and any wind at all will sweep the remaining ice from the lake. I predict that Utah Lake will be ice free by next weekend.[/#0000ff]
[signature]