Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stingers
[black][size 3]Here's one for you Cheech. A friend in California got me thinking about these tonight. He threads the stinger through the Zonker strip. So I thought, why not a double bunny![/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Call it the Waskully Wabbit or Elmer's Fud.[/size][/black]
[inline "Waskully Wabbit 002.jpg"]

[inline "Waskully Wabbit 003.jpg"]
[signature]
Great design FG,

That will eliminate the "dangling hook" problem associated with stinger hooks. It puts the stinger in the exact location for short strikes

Now we just need to figure out a similar method to use with flys that don't have a bunny strip in the tie.

I have tried placing the eye of the stinger over the point of the main hook, and holding it in place with a small piece of clear tubing (bass fisherman style). That works pretty well, but you have to settle for a short stinger, or use a long shank streamer hook.

Maybe someone will come up with the solution after reading this and looking at your pictures.
[signature]
[black][size 3]I am a big fan of Gartsides Softhackle. I was tying stringers using the wire leader you buy for Muskie. I would loop it through the scud hook, twist it tight then tie it on the streamer hook. Add the Marabou, but made sure the stinger was even with the marabou so you couldn't see it. That has been my style for a long time, but I just bought all this Zonker strips in all different colors and had to try this Steelhead style.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Here is another one:[/size][/black]
[inline "Waskully Wabbit 004.jpg"]
[signature]
great flies... I am really impressed.. any idea how to tie something similiar to that except I need it about four to six inches long and white... I think it is made with rabbit hair.. something I could jig with for lake trout?? I am trying to figure it out and I am a fly tying newbie.. (i have been tying for about ten years, but I tie the same flies over and over)..
[signature]
[black][size 3]Well, these are 4" long. Be easy enough to make them 6". Just more Zonker.[Wink][/size][/black]
[signature]
Those look great! Very impressive. Thanks for sharing! [Smile]
[signature]