Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you catch and release?
[#ff0000]DO YOU CATCH AND RELEASE? AND WHY?
[/#ff0000]
[signature]
I'm going to have to say I always do. I can honestly say I havent kept a fish in over 3 years. I guess I havent kept one just because I want them to grow bigger and so I can catch them again![Smile]
[signature]
def. catch and release [cool]
[signature]
Whats the word on california?
[signature]
I always catch and release. Its the only way to fish.[Smile]
[signature]
its either going to be in may or sometime in the fall

it all depends on work schedules, but you dont have to worry i'll be taking a bunch of pics for you haha of all the lunkers i pull in[Tongue]
[signature]
That makes 3 of us![cool]
[signature]
[reply]
Whats the word on california? [/reply]

LMB are always C&R for me. I ate one when I was a kid. Didn't like the taste but I did like the fight.[cool]

Certain Ocean species do make table fare for me. I will only keep what I can eat within a couple of days. I don't like Popsicles( frozen fish) bleeeeehhhck.[Image: moon.gif]
[signature]
Like TubeN2, I keep certain species because of thier food quality. Large M. Bass I don't care for. The only two fish I keep from freshwater is Crappie and Flathead cats. I keep alot of saltwater species, to include: Black sea bass, sheephead, spadefish, king and spanish mackerel, cobia, pompano, flounder, and that's just to name a few. I don't keep anymore than I can eat or my parents can eat. LOL They love them some fish. [Tongue]
[signature]
Real simple, I don't like to eat fish. So back they go. I only keep them if it is required by law or sometimes if others have asked for a couple.

Now if my kids catch something it comes home most of the time as they love to eat fish.
[signature]
I love eating fish but I dont like eating the fish I catch[cool]
[signature]
I'm actually the exact opposite. I'd RATHER eat the fish I catch than order fish in a resteraunt. I know where it came from, I know it was properly prepaired/cleaned and I know it's fresh. That's important to me. I don't trust alot of places with fish. Not to mention 80 percent of the time you order something like Flounder or Mahi and you're just getting a talipia fillet. Most people wouldn't know the difference, but I sure do. LOL they charge you high dollar for something you can get in any grocery store for 1.99 a pound. [pirate]
[signature]
I was a C & R guy for 30 years. I now keep a few for the table. After talking with the biologist on a couple of our home waters. They convinced me that keeping a few fish was good for the enviorment (the fishery). If you ask my wife I keep no fish ever. I either can't catch them (she believed that for years) or I shake them off before I can land them (thanks son I love you also). So I usually keep a few of the smaller fish and re-catch the big uns. Isn't this a great sport. We can control our own destinys by how we treat the waters we use. Ya gotta love it!
[signature]
Right on Road! I'm the same way. I'll keep a couple of the smaller fellas, and let the big guys go for another day. I do like to keep a couple from time to time.

You know, fish is the most healthy meat you can eat, not to mention it's quite tastey. [cool] Helps lower your blood pressure, helps control your weight, and helps to keep your cholesterol low. Of course, it depends on what species and how it's cooked as to what level of benefit you get. If you're deep frying a slab of channel cat, though it's still better than slobbing down a steak, (I love steak) you're getting alot of bad. Now, if you grill a wahoo steak, that's major good for your body.

But, it's hard to beat a New York Strip cooked Medium Rare w/ a side of garlic mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Oh, and a cold draft beer. [cool]
[signature]
A true American hero has never spoken truer words! Bring on the brewskis and the grill. Don't care what yer grillin it all taste good off the grill.
[signature]
Roger on the "brewski's" [Wink]

It never hurts to break out the Captain and Coke either. Mmmmm, now that's got the makings of a relaxing afternoon written all over it. [cool]

When I lived on Guam, we use to grill out all weekend. When we got back from fishing, we'd all get cleaned up and meet back at the appartment. We sold alot of the fish we caught to pay for the trip, and we always kept a couple to each that afternoon. A wahoo steak on the grill, over looking the water and women, sipping a cold captain on the rocks was paradise. I miss those days.
[signature]
I hear ya. Never been to Guam, but I use to hang out around Bodega Bay. We go out after the rock cod and lings. Oh man can they be grilled/smoked. A little cooler up there in Northern Calif. So most days the girls were dressed warm. But pretty is pretty no matter how they dress. After a few Bacardis who noticed any way.
[signature]
I know you miss those days, I sure do. Sometimes I wish I would've stayed in Guam, but I know i'm where I need to be. Luckily, no matter where we are, there's still a little piece of paradise there. We can still fish, we can still have a cold drink, and my wife is my beauty. So, I guess you could say i'm still in paradise, just a different version. [cool]
[signature]