Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice off
Does anyone here know what month we will beable to fish open water again?
[signature]
March will see ice off on all the metro area waters - Aurora, Chatfield, Cherry Creek, etc., and pre-spawn fishing for Walleyes at those lakes. Late April should see the ice come off some of the mountain lakes like Eleven Mile and Spinney, followed a few days later by open water at Granby in the first few days of May.

We're a little behind shedule this year. Usually Cherry Creek is ice free by about 2-25. All we need are a few more wam days and a couple of good days of March Chinook wind!
[signature]
Thanks for letting me know that, I can't wait to get my little boat wet again lol
[signature]
I live by Carter Lake outside of loveland, it has been ice free for almost a week now.
[signature]
Wow, I have a little pond with huge catfish in it about 10 minutes away from my house and the ice is all off of that in which i am going this weekend to try to catch a few.
[signature]
[Wink] Come on Jason! There's no huge catfish in little ponds in Colorado! (MMM....where might that be I wonder? )

I wonder if anyone has gone to any of the reservoirs in Southeaster Colorado?
[signature]
Lol my cats ranged from 6 lbs to 14 lbs out of these ponds not huge but big enough lol
[signature]