Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Dakota Float Tube Fishing!
Hey all!

Was wondering if any of you fish out of a float tube?

I pretty much always do! I like it better than a boat because its smaller and easier to load and unload and you dont have to work about a motor!

Here's a picture of my set up!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9370;]

This was taken about 1.5 years ago.

My Rod rack has changed a bit I will post pictures of that later. I also have added an Eagle Cuda 168 Fish finder. That helps alot. I'm thinking of upgrading to a color lowrance one.

That was nice bass that I caught on a jig.[cool]

Tight Lines!
[signature]
[size 1]Hey guys.

Here it is!
Its pretty much the same that tubedude has somewhere on these boards. I tried it out last weekend and it works like a charm. All together the materials like the pvc and bungee cords and some other extras cost less than $20. Here are some pics.

[inline 1.jpg]
Here's the rodrack made out of pvc. I fastened it to the tube with some of those white zipstrips that lock in place.

[inline 2.jpg]
To keep the rod rack straight up and down I use 2 bungee cords attach to the D rings on the bottom of the tube.

[inline 3.jpg]
Here's how the transducer is mounted. (it would be straight up and down if it were in the water, obviously)

[inline 4.jpg]
another picture

[inline 5.jpg]
And I liked TubeDude's idea of keeping the excess cord wrapped up in a eletrical box. The box here only cost me 65 cents and i just drilled the sonar mount onto the box. As you can see I couldnt find 2 screws that were the same length in the old garage. haha.

[inline 6.jpg]
And here is all the cord tucked in the box. I tried rolling the cord up tight but it just would not fit in the box. So I came up with the idea of just wrapping the cord tight around a pencil that I broke small enough to fit inside the box and it worked perfectly.

[cool] [/size]

Anybody else have any pictures of their setups?
[signature]