Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a new Colorado resident
Hello everyone. As you may or may not have noticed I am a Minnesota and ice fishing moderator, but I'm not there anymore. I got a good job offer here in Loveland, CO and decided to move across the country and take it. I live right by Carter Lake up in the hills outside loveland. I would love to hear any pointers to Colorado fishing. Especially flyfishing, I don't know the first thing about fly fishing. Anyway, just thought I would say hello.

Ryan
[signature]
Hello UNMN,
Welcome to Colorado, we'll have to get out and do some fishing! I am not too far from you, I am here in the Springs.

I am sure you will really enjoy Colorado!

I am not a fly fisherman but am sure you will get some great info from other members here.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Welcome Ryan! Llet me know how I can help you. If it swims I fish for it! Send me a PM with your phone no., and we'll try to figure a time to visit or get together.
[signature]
Thanks for the Welcomes. I will send both of you a PM with my cell number so we can get out and do some fishing. I don't have my boat or truck out here as of yet, but I would love to go and I am willing to travel to good lakes. I may try off shore on Carter lake down the road this weekend.

Ryan
[signature]
Carter has some big 'eyes, trout and splake. You could live near worse places!!
[signature]
I've heard it has some monster eyes in it. Should be fun. I live about 1/4 mile farther up the mountain.
[signature]
Welcome to colorado, i live south of you about an hour away in broomfield, even look for smaller ponds in your area i have a couple of small ponds by my house and there are huge catfish in there, so no matter how small the lake or pond is take a closer look and try fishing them.
[signature]
Hello Jason,

Thanks for the idea. It would be alot of fun to catch some big cats out of a lake. The only place ive ever caught cats before were in rivers.
[signature]
Well if you ever want to get together and go fishing I am all about it, I really don't care where i go, as long as I am fishing lol, but i know a few good places, and if you ever want to join us for them catfish or anyother type of fishing let me know. I am actually going out for catfish tonight after i get out of work.
[signature]
I would definately be up for meeting up and hitting the lakes. I am up for fishing for any kind of fish. Cats would be especially fun. I will send you a PM with my cell #.

Now I have a question for all of you. What do I need to be completely legal? I know I need and out of state license which I am going to go get tonight. Do I need any sort of state stamps? I ask because in MN we need a stamp for trout a stamp for pheasant a stamp for ducks, and so on.
[signature]
For geese and ducks yes you do, but your fishing license all you need is that a wildlife habitat stamp and extra rod stamp if you want to fish with 2 poles.
[signature]
Where do I buy this stuff? Do they have it at all the gas stations like MN or do I have to go to the post office?
[signature]
i dont know about gas stations, i just go to sportsmens warehouse, i know they sell them at wallmart, and any sporting good stores.
[signature]