Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for the warm welcome
Was glad to read all the good coments and welcome. Hope sometime to meet all in person. I have to comment on Macflys response about his grandson. This is really what it is all about! watching someone catch fish after you show them how, is much better for me than than catching them myself . We have read many posts BFT, have really enjoyed the posts, and have been helped many times. I hope we can return the pleasures when we find a good fishing place and what flies or lures to use. Thanks !!
[signature]
[size 1]I hope we can return the pleasures when we find a good fishing place and what flies or lures to use. Thanks !! [/size]

You already have!
[signature]
[reply]
[size 1]I hope we can return the pleasures when we find a good fishing place and what flies or lures to use. Thanks !! [/size]

You already have! [/reply]

[font "Rockwell"][black]I second what the Goddess says and extend it by saying that if you are ever in my neck of the woods please let me know ahead of time and mayhaps we could get together and wet a line..

MacFly
[/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]How old is your grandson? I'm trying to teach my grand nephew to fish. Started out when he was 3½. Attention span was rather limited at that age. Bought him a starter spinning kit when he was 4. His mother told me that he would cast into their pool for the longest of time. They are like a sponge at that age. He really caught on quick on the timing of his release. Got him a fly vest and some other goodies for Xmas. Yup he wants to be like his uncle Ted. Cool name isn't it?[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Tanner is ten years old and has been fishing since he was four or five. We have to keep things moving pretty quick, or he is off chasing dinosaurs or sharks. Fly fishing is great for him because he is busy all the time with his fly rod. Thudpucker hit the nail on the head when he said you don't have to do it just right, just have fun. Catching as many fish as Tanner does makes it even better. If I tried to cast like Tanner does, I would spend all my time behind me getting my fly out of the weeds
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Yes I agree that it is all about the experience. In the near future I am going to take my fishing buddy [that is what we call each other] out to a pay and fish lake near his home. You can bet that if I have a fish on the rod is leaving my hands quick for his! No doubt I will be as exited for him as he is for himself.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]Here we are resting near the Snake in Moran Wy.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=22137;][/center]
[signature]