Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early March Report - Pensacoloa
As the weather warms up along the gulf coast, the fishing will only get better.
In the next few weeks, bait schools will start showing up off the beaches and in the bays. The magic water temperature I like for our spring fishing is 65 degrees; this is when the fish start moving in from southern waters. Speckled Trout season is open, and they will start to move out from the rivers within the next 6 weeks. Sheepshead are going to also start to make their move out to the gulf to spawn, and then they will stack up along the rock jetties and inlets and also around bridge pilings and old docks. I like to use live shrimp and fiddler crabs on small hooks and a ¼ - ½ oz egg weight just above the swivel.
Pompano will also make their run in early spring. They are hard fighting fish, and on light tackle they are great fun to catch. I like to use live sand flees on jigs, and free- line my bait drifting the current.
If you’re visiting the Panhandle of Florida and are looking for some great fishing, give me a shout, and we’ll get you hooked up on the Mega-Bite.
Here are a two pictures from some trips last spring.
[Image: PDRM0110.JPG]

[Image: PDRM02481.jpg]
See ya on the water!
Capt. John.
[signature]
Great Report Capt Rivers,

I'd like to see this on the Florida Board as well, I think our members could really benefit from your knowledge. In th future if it's not too much trouble I would welcome you to post the info here [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Florida_Fishing_C18/"][white][size 1][#0000ff]Florida Fishing[/#0000ff][/url][#0000ff] [/#0000ff][black][size 2]as well, thanks again for the report.[/size][/black][/size][/white]
[signature]