Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stupid question
i know this is going to sound like a stupid question , but has anyone ever caught a catfish ice fishing ? just curious , i have never heard of one and have tried a few times at night .
[signature]
I start catching them in the Green River, Utah as soon as the ice comes off, but not while it's there. I've never fished for them through the ice. Pass this question off to the Utah board and I'll bet one or two of them have caught them on Utah Lake through the ice.

I heard tale that cats burrow into the mud and somewhat hibernate during ice over. I've never read anything to back this up. Sounded like a fish tale to me.
[signature]
[Wink] The only question that is stupid is one thats not asked !. I caught one a few years back while fishing for walleyes, I thought I had my wall mount walleye until it came through the hole, it weighed about 10 lbs. If you watch any In-Fisherman clips, they have one on fishing cats through the ice !

Flagmanonice---------------Minnesota moderator
[signature]
i heard the same thing ! i thought i was getting my leg pulled from some guys i know in ohio . that was something i have saw on some of thoes p.b.s. programs about thoes african cats during the drought season .
[signature]
i'm gonna have to check that out , what kind of cat did you catch ?
[signature]
[crazy] I belive it was a channel, that was stocked in silver lake in MN.
[signature]
there the prettyest of them all , 10 lbs, thats a whopper ! the largest i ever caught was a three pounder just south of the edison power plant in trenton michigan in the warm water discharge .

i cought some strange fish there once , looked like a baracuda , eyes the size of a fiftey cent peice with teeth ! it was about the size of a good gar pike but all silver , must have been some kind of an exotic species .

i know the carp can't be burrowing in the mud , too darn big ! could you imagine trying to pull one of thoes thru a 7 inch hole ?
[signature]