Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm Weather Ahead!!!!
Well with spring break coming up in a few days, it looks like it's going to be a good one. I just looked up the 10 day forecast and it shows that the weather in the bismarck/mandan area should be around 40 to 50 degrees all this coming weekend.[cool]

I'm really excited for this and i plan to do as much fishing as i can this weekend.any takers??

I'll be heading out to Nelson Lake as much as possible(those bass should be spawning soon eh??) and maybe, if i can get a hold of an auger, go and try my luck at Fish Creek and Sweet Briar. And of course there might be some open water to try on Apple Creek.

So if anyone else is planning on going out on one of these warm days, be sure to give us your report!![Smile]
[signature]
Yeah it should get pretty warm![cool] I know I work 5 days in a row starting on wednesday but I know I will hit up Nelson as much as I can.[cool]

Cant wait to get out on the water! Maybe catch the new state record too[Wink]!

Anybody else heading out?
[signature]
Forgot to mention I had a buddy that went out to Nelson yesterday and he didnt have any luck. The water was way down and there was hardly any water coming out of the plant.

I've been thinking about hitting up the tailrace. Spring is usually a good time for that place. From what I hear if you catch a fish its usually a big one!

Have you been out at all James?
[signature]
I really hope our lakes aren't as low as they were last year, maybe the recent load of snowfall around here will help.

Don't they let out more water at the plant sometime soon to raise the water level?
[signature]
Yeah I think so.

I Hope the water level is way up[cool]. Expecially at Mcdowell that would be awesome. But of course that will never happen.[Tongue] I havent seen that lake rise in my entire life haha. It just keeps going down.
[signature]
I haven't been out this year so far but this weekend I might take a trip down. When it was cold last year I caught them on a drop shot rig and suspending jerkbaits fished really slow. I mean REEEEEEAlly slow. reel down the jerkbait to max depth and just kill the action. count to 10 or 20 seconds and jerk a few times, count another 10-20, you get the pattern. On the drop shot I used a small 4 inch worm. I've never been skunked at nelson, Bank or Boat.
I kinda like the countdown minnow made by rapala. Here's one caught last year under 30 degree temps. Hope this helps.

James
[signature]
As you can see I caught this bass on Jan 20 2006. I took a picture of a picture thats why the quality is so bad. Oh well

Later Guys

James
[signature]
you know, the last few times i've been out there i've tried a black and blue jig with a pork trailer, different kinds of tubes and a few ribbontail plastics but have only come up with a few bites, they just dont seem to be hitting that lately.
but right away when i've put on a rattle trap, it starts to produce.
[signature]
Wow that's awesome you caught bass like that[cool].

What color crankbaits/jerkbaits and worms do you find work best out there?

I've found more perch/firetiger crankbaits work and worms colors have been scattered around, but I havent really observed anything that works everytime I go out there.

I've been skunked on Nelson more than a few times.

Maybe with your help that will change[Wink]
[signature]