Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 DOGS LOST, POSSIBLY STOLEN IN D.L. AREA
Well Ive had a great weekend. On Friday My dog along with my Nieghbors dog disapeared. We have a feeling they were dognapped. Ironicaly this was the same day my Dad died. I will post pics when I can.

I'M HAVING TROUBLE POSTING PC, CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A HAND?

2 DOGS -- LOST

Yellow Lab named Lucy and Chocolate Lab named Thor

Last seen March 2nd in Floyd Lake area between County Road 131 and Richwood Road. North of Detroit Lakes, MN

Please call Mike (218-850-1112) or Jon (218-849-1260) with any information
[signature]
Sorry for you losses. I hope you find your pups soon.
[signature]
[unsure] SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT IT , WE'LL HAVE MY EYES AND EARS ON IT !!

[signature]
Now that just sucks. Wish I could help you look for them.
[signature]
[Sad] Hattrk , hope you don't mind , but I think some would like to know the out come , From me , I'm so sorry .

Steve >>

Here was a letter that Hattrk wrote >>>

This is a letter I wrote to the editor of our local news paper, hopefully they won't chop it up too much. I'm hoping that this will drum up some info on who.... Let me know what you think.

My neighbor (Mike) and I are writing this letter to the community to explain the senseless killing of our two dogs. If nothing else, perhaps this will save someone from the Sadness and anger we both are experiencing.

On March 2, 2007, our dogs accidentally escaped from my fenced backyard. After the first couple days of searching, we were convinced that our family pets were stolen. We searched intently, posted flyers, listed lost dog announcements on the radio and spent hours driving local roads. We were missing our family pets and hunting partners.

On March 14th we received a tip from a concerned person. He directed us to Klein Rd where we found our two dogs laying dead in the ditch, both shot in the head with a shotgun blast. They lay together with their collars and I.D tags still attached. Both dogs were among most friendly and docile labs we have ever seen, yet some coward decided to kill them. After seeing their wounds it was obvious that they were no farther than 30-40 feet from the shooter when killed. The killer then carted their lifeless bodies to Klein Rd and tossed them into the ditch.

The most difficult part of this tragedy was explaining it to our wives and kids. How do tell your kids about this spineless undertaking? Children can’t understand why a person would kill a family pet for no apparent reason.

To the person/person’s responsible for this gutless action. I want you to grow a backbone and explain to our kid’s, while you watch them wipe the tears from their faces, why you murdered these kind and gentle animals. I would like you to witness the pain you have caused to two families by taking away our faithful companions. I know you saw their collars, because you probably used them to toss the dogs into the ditch like a piece of trash. I know you read their I.D. tags with our address and phone numbers. You could have made a simple phone call. I challenge you to dig deep, find a moral fiber in your body, step up and admit to this heartless act.

Finally, I would like to thank the scores of kind and concerned people who saw our flyers or heard the advertisements on KDLM. We received numerous phone calls about possible sightings that unfortunately did not pan out. We learned that there are more concerned and kind people in and around the Detroit Lakes area than we could imagine. Both our families plead to those who may have any information about the untimely deaths of our loving and faithful companions to contact us.

[signature]
Hattrk, I'm so sorry man. What kind of loser would do such a thing?
my condolences...

there is nothing any one can say to make things better for losses like these, been through it my self more times than I care to count.

mortal wounds, for sure... we survive because thats what outdoorsmen do...

adding insult to injury is a hit below the belt....

I hope you went or had some one else go look at the pound in your area and the areas north south east and west. I found neighbors are good for hitting when you are down at your lowest. they stole one dog of mine, I found him in the pound three days later, then they stole him again off a pad locked chain and in a fenced kennel. I wasnt able to find him the second time, the neighbors did something else with him so I couldnt find him...

I have had 3 dogs stolen from my home. sucks big time puts it mildly...

the dog I have now I had to spend 1500 for blood transfusions plus more for additional treatments and medications because some one thought it would be cool to poisen a six month old puppy....

I dont want to cast a shadow on your neighbors, I have good neighbors too and I am sure you do as well, but it has been my experience that when things come up missing it is usualy from some one who knows you or your neighbor some way or another and has seen the other dog. the perp may even know both of you or was a pound catcher weighting in the hood for you to leave.

the number of days dosnt help in the recovery factor, I also heard on the news there has been a rash of dog and cat nappings across michigan wisconson and minnesota. Dosnt make any sence to me why this would happen across an area that large...

I hope you had the micro chip placed in your hounds sholder for recovery perposes. I know vets and pet shops are doing this now and transmitting the chip codes all over the country so if the animal shows up at a vet, pound, pet shop, rescue shelter, they are automaticaly scanned to see where the dog realy belongs.

again I am sorry for your losses,
[signature]
Hattrk,

So sorry to hear about what happened. I hope your kids don't take it too hard. I am glad to hear so many locals were so nice. I hope you can get and enjoy another pup in the future.

Ryan
[signature]
Sorry man, that's a terrible thing for someone to do.
I myself would like to find the people who did that.
This is something that shouldn't have to happen anywhere to anyone.
[signature]
I was watching the news today as they talked about all the dog food recalls, one of the statements they made didnt sit well with me, true as it may be in many cases. Dogs are veiwed as only as property in many states.

todays time has changed from pack coon hounds that are bought and traded on a daily basis, I am sure it goes on but today that is not the majority of dog ownership.

today a dog is part of the family, in many cases the dog is the only other member of the family.

so ya, steeling a dog is personal, Its as personal attac on a family as stealing one of the kids... every one suffers when the family pet is gone, even if his or her job is to chase bunnies or fetch duckies....
[signature]