Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 3/6
Thought I was getting a late start, didn't get there till 9:00. Punched a few holes and got to work, within about 10 minutes had a nice fat little perch on the ice then I got a really strong hit right on the bottom(about 38'). After having it take a little drag got it up on the ice and to my surprise it was a 14" smallmouth.[inline IMGA0189.JPG] Then it kinda dropped off so I went to the south side and met up with basserboy, fished with him for a little while and we were both pulling perch off the bottom then they just seemed to dissapear. Started punching holes trying to find some fish and gave up on the south side and back to where I started, nothing..... moved about twenty feet south and punched another couple and it's like I found the gold mine had both poles rocking as fast as I could get the fish on the ice and back down I've never seen so many fat good sized perch. Finally about 1/2 hour before it got dark the crappie started coming and I was lucky enough to ice 2 before they took off. What a great day sunny, very little wind, nice solid edge today I didn't even need a plank to get to the ice. I think now I can finally try TubeDude's perch chowder recipe.
[inline IMGA0195.JPG]

[inline IMGA0191.JPG]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report and nice pics. Glad you found a few that wanted to play. Sometimes they come in. Other times all you get is a lot of drilling practice and a sunburned face.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck with the chowder recipe. Had a batch myself on Sunday. Added a few shrimp for extra flavor and it was a big hit at a family birthday party.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
It felt really good to finally get the skunk off after a couple of disappointing trips. I ended up with a limit of perch which was really nice, although about 1/3 of them were fairly small, but I did get quite a few really nice ones. I was in the narrows on the south side in about 25 to 35 feet of water, al depths produced nice fish but at different times of the day. Sledfisher really put the hurt on them though, he had a really nice mess of fish with alot of big fat perchies and those two crappie (not pictured) were really good lookin slabs. I'm thinking about pushing my luck and going Thursday so I will post a report, better take my waders and plank though with this warm weather.
[signature]
You may want a boat after today.[Smile]
[signature]