Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For T4M
Hey there T4M just picked up some Mustad C711S SS # 6 hooks and get this Marabou Blood Quills Shell Pink. The type of hook is not quite what they suggest for a Marabou Shrimp but I think that the fly will look okay. I really meant to pick up a pack of C68S SS. You know how that goes look at one and grab another. Duh okay, okay I'm going to my room now. LOL Perhaps the size 6 hooks might be a little small for the salt but they are about as large as I would use in the bathtub. So a # 6 is what you can expect. Heck the fishies down't carry rulers. 
[signature]
Hey there T4M well here it is! Be kind as this is my first attempt at tying a Marabou Shrimp. Took two different views using a HI lamp instead of a flash. Colors seem to bleach out. In the photo the hook although hidden, is facing up. 
[signature]
Nice Shrimp Dryrod. Let me know when you want to go Shrimp Flipping some day. It's alot of fun.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 4]Right On Dry Rod! I would eat it[/size][/black][laugh]
[signature]
Those things look Awesome!!!!! They'll really stand out on the water. I'll make sure and post photo's of the fish that I catch on them. It'll be closer to summer before the use of a fly swatter will prove effective, so I have been focusing on the boat more than the flyrod. But it won't be long now. [cool]

I'm still plotting on finalizing my fly rod and reel outfit, but I think i'm going with a 7wt rod with an Okuma reel. I've had good luck with Okuma, no sense in changing up now. I think that outfit will yield good for both fresh and saltwater use.

Those really are some sweet looking flies, thanks again! Thank you fly goddess for the leaders, and thanks Steve for the up and comming flies as well!
[signature]
Just don't forget the cocktail sauce for the Shrimp Flies.[cool]
[signature]
Hey there T4M - in recognizing the heritage of California the next fly that I tie for you will look similar to a Marabou Shrimp except I am going to name it the Guacamole Special. Guess the color of the marabou that I will be using? LOL Hey Flygodess do you like guacamole dip? 
[signature]
I just restocked on my Olive and Avacado colors. That should look cool when you are done with it. I even found some Olive leg material.[cool]
[signature]
Just had a taco salad with juackamole for lunch.. lol.. let me see.. the color would be.. red and green for the avocados and tomatos???? What kind of spices will you be adding to this "creation"...[cool]

MacFly
[signature]
btw DR... you should stop selling your tying abiliteis short.. I am seeing some really good looking flies coming off your vise... just a comment from someone looking in [Smile]

MacFly[cool]
[signature]
Thank you macfly55 all compliments graciously accepted. Attended a fly show this past weekend and enjoyed watching the pro tiers doing their thing. One tier a boy around 10 years of age was tying some awesome wasps. He was real cool and had a lot of stage presence. He explained each & every step has he progressed along. Had my cell phone/camera but completely forgot to get a picture of him tying his flies. Its great to see a young person like that so interested in his work. Certainly much better than painting graffiti on the building we were in. 
[signature]
you are more than welcome my friend.. I just tell it like I see it.. and what I am seeing looks real good.. test is.. will the fish agree... [Smile]

10 years old..... wow.. that would of been a great time to make a video.. but betting that you are like me.. you are so engrossed in what you are seeing that you forget simple things like that..

Have a great weekend .. dont know about you but I am determined to wet a line and bring some fish to hand. even if I have to buy them and put them on the hook... [laugh]

MacFly[cool]
[signature]
Hey dryrod, I got your flies in the mail yesterday! Those things are sweet! That flash you put in them will be a killer for those mack's. Sweet colors too.

I can't wait to try them out later on in the year when the top water action gets hot. Thanks so much partner! [cool]
[signature]
Hi there T4m - glad that the snail mail people were able to deliver. All of the flies I sent are streamers and will ride below the surface. Depth will depend on fast you strip them. They swim hook point up providing a weedless benefit. Hope that you can get out before the hurricane season starts. LOL 
[signature]