Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for new filet knife??
I'm in the market for a new 110 vt. filet knife in the $30-50 range. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
[signature]
Hello Don,
I saw Rich slinging one of those electrics like a mad man, he cleaned in the range of 90 stripers in a day and half of fishing and if I'm not mistaken he was using a regular electric turkey cutter from Wal Mart. It's worth dropping him a line (pm) to ask him cause I know he cleaned some serious fish with that bad boy.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Thanks! My turkey cutter knife died - right after it tried to electrocute me! It's been giving me an occassional little "jolt" for a couple of years. TD suggested the American Angler knife and a friend has offered me a new and unused Rapala 110 vt.
[signature]
Hey Don. If you go to Wallys World, they have a few different choices of electric fillet knifes. I have one that I use mostly on Catfish. Be sure to pick the knife that you can get replacement blades for.

Since I work part time as a Deckhand on a boat, I have some good Forschners. With 2 of us cutting, we can usually fillet around 400 fish per hour. I know it sound kind of slow for 2 guys but we do the fillet, cut out the ribs and only skin it while leaving a 1inch pull tab on the fish. It is a hastle at times but it is required by the Fish and Game regulations.

Just ask theangler, he'll tell you what it is like on the cattle boats and charters.[cool]
[signature]