Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite?
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Okay - so what is your favorite go to rod weight?[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
I like my 6 for an all around. my 3 for smaller lakes and streams and God forbid spinning for stealhead (not set up for flyrod yet) HA HA
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there poky-mon - well you covered everything that I had to say. Even though my 6 wt was my first rod and the cheapest. It's a 8½' Fenwick Eagle. Wednesday I hope to get out and try some of those streamers that I have been tying.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Just realized that I asked this same question about a year ago. Oh well just testing your memory. LOL Still the boo FGD?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Well it is a toss up. I love my Zero and my McFarland 6wt for big fish and the new Tea Stick Bamboo for the smaller[/size][/black]
[signature]
[unsure]My Favorites were my Six's.
One Graphite and one F/glass.
I was trying to figure out which I liked. I posted once about what the members liked and why. At the time I posted that question, I thought I still owned those Rods. But it was not the case. They are lost!
Somehow I lost them both in a Move from Louisiana to Alabama.

So now I have an 8' 8wt wet/dry for larger stuff, Walleye!

And my 'never been wetted 4Wt' (its' been out once)
The Weather is breaking now, and I'll get out soon with the Four WT and see if there really are Trout in the Sipsy River tailtrace.

The Four Wt is far more fun to fish with. Light and responsive. A little more suseptible to the winds than that big heavy Eight Wt.

With all this going's on at my place, I wonder if I'm ever going to be fishing again.
[signature]
Uh........could you repeat the question please??? Did you say fresh or Salt?

Ok...ok. Since I hardly Trout fish but do bass fish, I would say my Sage 7wt for fresh water and My Fenwick 9010 for Saltwater big game and my Okuma 1363 FR2 for the light weight saltwater and speying.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey tubeN2 fresh or salt I don't discriminate against those who prefer H20 laced with sodium chloride. Besides I put salt on everything. Well maybe not on ice cream. LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
That is kewl. I found out that the fish tast better if I don't add any salt to them after I pull them out from the water.[cool]
[signature]
My answer is simple.. I only have two 6wt's but have to say after a day on the water today I do love my sage launch.. I am able to cast a little further for one, I seem to have a better feel for the line as I am casting, and lastly I seem to have better control overall.. now. if I could figure out where the fish are and what they are eating maybe I could catch a few on this new rod..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]