Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a Gas
[cool] With gas prices like these, I'm glad my new Outcast runs on "kick power" and not on petroleum products.[Image: 0306covhighgas.jpg]
[signature]
Hey tube dude, have you seen the new little fish tackle banner? It looks like a site dedicated to selling supplies to tubers like yourself. Pretty cool.
[signature]
Yeah I understand where you're comin' from what with those gas prices... but hey man, if that fish bitin' location is kinda far for your float tube, that's where a boat comes in! I would gladly pay $1.87 a gallon to get me from Starvation's point A to B to C to D in a short period of time.

As for my truck's gas intake... it sucks to pay $1.87!
[signature]
WP

Speaking of Starvation's point A to B, I work with someone that lives right above the lake. I am checking with her daily on the ice conditions. I'll post when the back bays break up. I'd love to meet you on the lake and steal some secrets. As soon a Saletarus and Knights opens, I'll be there.
[signature]
[cool]Yo, Predator. Is that one of those "on again off again" banners? I haven't noticed it yet. If you see it, how about clicking and getting a link. Sounds like something my gang would like to know about.

Thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
I found the ad while I was reading your post. Hope this works.

[url "http://www.littlefishtackleshop.com/"]http://www.littlefishtackleshop.com/[/url]
[signature]
I saw that same gas sign a week ago on a E mail but it said:
Regular: ARM
Unleaded Plus: Leg
Premium : First Born
It does seem to be getting bad, let's hope it doesn't go over $2.00 a gallon. WH2
[signature]
Curtis, Good name, same as my first name. I've been meaning to send you a PM because Starvation is one of my favorite lakes. It's great to have someone on this site that lives so close to the lake compared to those of use that live along the Wasatch front. We look forward to hearing the news of ice off at Starvation. What is Saletarus and Knights? Thanks for the report, keep them coming. WH2
[signature]
Salerous Wash and Knight are two walleye hotspots.
[signature]
Sounds like I need to keep a few folks up on Starvation. I usually make 30+ trips there a year since it's only a 30 minute drive. If you see a red ext. cab Chev in the parking lot, look for the oldest, ugliest red/white boat on the water and you will have found me. I'm still learning the lake, but I do fairly well for Browns in the spring, Walleye and Smallmouth the rest of the season. My email is [url "mailto:chadcurtis@utah.gov"]chadcurtis@utah.gov[/url] if anyone heads up, I'd be glad to meet you over there. My boat, your boat, or follow the leader. That would be me following. The boat tops out at 27. I have rigged it with a bow electric, that needs another 6" on the shaft to stay under the water in waves, a 6hp troller along with 6 pole holders and just upgraded my ? year old Bottom Line to a Garmin 240. So far I think I'll have to change from the standard transducer to a smaller cone. In any case, I'll keep posting the conditions and any trip stories from the good ol' Uinta Wasteland. If you need conditions on a body of water out here, let me know. I'll do what I can to take a road trip.
[signature]
Hey Curtis- you mentioned you lived 30 minutes from Starvation and go 30 plus times a year. You must be living in Roosevelt? If so, I know people from there. I try to come to Starvation at least once a month, this year is my goal to achieve twice a month starting July through November. I'll be sure to look for your boat! I'll e-mail you before my trip there.
[signature]
Sorry WH2, I forgot to answer your question. Saletarus Wash and Knights Hollow are in the Northeast section of Starvation. Leave the boat ramp at the state park and head East/Northeast around the sandbar. If you travel North from here you are in Saletarus Wash - The (back of) large bay. If you travel East from here you will enter Knights Hollow - The Duchesne River inlet. Knights Hollow is great right after ice off for pre-spawn eyes and some nice Browns. The last couple of years I have averaged 19-22" fish for both species in 4-10' of water. Once the water warms just a few more degrees, Walleye can be picked up readily trolling Saletarus Wash, with emphasis along the North shoreline. During the same time frame, Browns are picked up in good sizes (I received a picture from Kennan is Springville of one I'd guess at 17-18lbs) along the rocky shoreline just East of the boat ramp including along the dam to the hump about 1/3 of the way across the dam trolling Raps on side planers in 10' of water or less. Hope it helps

Chad Curtis
[signature]
[cool][Image: purple.gif][size 2]Hey Chad, I'm definately interested in learning Starvation. Its only 90 miles from my house,lol. Like you, I have a Garmin 240 that I would like to share stories about. The "Catch-A-Cure for Cancer" tournment is up there in June. My bass club is one of the bigger participants every year, and I would like to learn the lay of the land. I need some water time on Starvation cause I suck up there.[/size]

[Image: purple.gif][size 2]tommy [/size]
[signature]
Yup, I'm in Roosevelt. Actually, I live out the backside of Cedar View, but have a Roosevelt mailing address. I work in the state office in town. I've lived here for 5 years now. Look forward to a few trips. I look forward the most to stealing a secret or two from someone who knows what they are doing instead of hit and miss on legend, folklore, and my own trials. I'm sure in my adventures in learning Walleye fishing, I have made a few people roll back and laugh till it hurt. You ever kicked your way out to the sandbar in a float tube? I couldn't walk for days, but I went home with a limit. I know I'm close to having a clue because I keep watching people near me catch really nice fish while I reel in my standard 13 incher. Most days in the summer, I catch 7-10 eyes. I've only caught 2 over 3lbs, but look forward to many, many more.
[signature]
Tomegun,

I'b be glad to meet you out here too. The biggest Smallmouth I've caught yet is just over 2lbs. One from Starvation and one from Lake Powell. Come to think of it, I was in a float tube for both of those. Like I've been posting, I may not catch the biggest fish, but I can usually catch something. I have been working with Alan Iorg's wife for the last 4.5 years and he keeps telling me he'll take me out and show me his secrets. I'm going to try to get out with him this spring. For those who don't know, Alan has the current state record Smallie (7lb. 6oz.) from a little lake up here that used to be known as Lake Borham, and is now Ute Tribe property and called Midview.

I like the ease of use with the 240. I bought it package deal with speed and temp. The transducer doesn't state the angle, but I believe it is 20 degrees. On the Gorge this gives me a cone much larger than my boat in 100' of water. That makes jigging a lot harder than the 8 degree cone my old one had. I'm weighing the goods and bads to decide on an overall angle I can live with. At half the cost of what I bought the entire unit for, I only want to buy one.
[signature]
[cool] [purple][size 2]We took the scouts up to Starvation for a week in 2002. We caught alot of stunted smallies and a hand full of walleye. This was done mostly from shore.[/size][/purple]

[purple][size 2] That smallie record should fall this year or next up at Jordanelle. We'll set something up and I'll meet ya at the gas station before going into the park.[/size][/purple]

[purple][size 2]tommy [/size][/purple]
[signature]