Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whip finisher video
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]For some it is easy for others ahhh**>*^*<~`![pirate][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I'm sure I'll get the hang of that thing one day. It is almost easier for me to use a crochet needle.[cool]
[signature]
I will say the video makes it look very easy... but then again like my feet ... I have two left hands all fitted with thumbs....[unsure]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I think that most people having trouble whip finishing their flies may have missed a couple of small moves and that is releasing the thumb at the proper time so that the tool moves freely. The top photo shows the start position of your fingers and the second with the thumb released.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=22499;][/center]
[signature]
[black][size 3]The whip finish tool came very easy to me. We (Alan and myself) are involved in a Chironomid fly swap (another forum, sorry but hey, new flies).[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I was teaching him to tie a blood midge and the whip finising was the hardest for him to get. I will admit, however, by the time he tied the 15th one, it was getting better.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I do it a little different from the pictures.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I hook the thread with the little hook, then loop to catch the bend hook, lifting up horizontal to the hook to create a little triangle, with thread running horizontal to the hook shank. Spin it around the eye three times, unloope bend hook, pull and unhook hook.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I will admit, it is so easy for me, I get a little frustrated trying to teach this, but Alan got it.[/size][/black]
[signature]
If you got frustrated teaching Alan.. you'd be smacking me up side the head over and over and over again...lol... [cool]

MacFly
[signature]
NAWWWWW![Wink]
[signature]
I just knew you still liked me...LOL... [laugh]
[signature]