Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nelson Day3
Well i got out again to nelson for the last time this spring break and it was a pretty good day. When i got out there around 2 PM it was already in the 70's. I caught quite a few bass right next to the discharge, prob around 10 or 12 bass. the water also raised a few feet since my last report which was only 2 days ago, so it was pretty easy to get in the water because the boat ramp was actually in the water. I caught my first bass on a 4" pumpkinseed tube and then they just kept hitting that and i kept pulling them in. At one point i was throwing my tube and a fish just grabbed it and took off with it. The fish was putting up quite a big fight and pulling me all over the place and then i was bringing it up right next to me to grab the fish and here a 5 pound pike comes flying out of the water all the way right next to me and my hook came out but it was right next to me so i had a pretty good look at it. after that i fished with a black and blue jig for a while and picked up 2 more and then went to the other side of the discharge where people fish from the shore and i pulled in another bass with the tube.
The day went pretty well, but my camera kept dying so i only got a few pics and not very good ones because i had to take the pic before my camera would die so they're not that great but its something....

this was my first and biggest. i say it went for maybe around 2 or 2 1/2. the pic is way to bright.
[Image: 40bljwg.jpg]

and heres a few of the little bass i caught but again not that great of pics because i had to hold it out in front of me, i didnt have much time to take them...
[Image: 2zzp4id.jpg]

[Image: 4bz2xjt.jpg]

as you can see the rocks in the backround, thats what i caught them all by pretty much.
and thats about it...until next weekend [cool]
[signature]
Nice report! its too bad you didnt get a picture of that bad boy pike![Wink]
[signature]