Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST FIGHTING POUND FOR POUND FISH?
Hello Members,
In celebration of the luanch of the Versus Big Fish Madness, let's have some fun, we want your opinion on the Best "Pound for Pound" fighting fish (can be any fish fresh or saltwater)! If you reply today you'll automatically be entered to win a BigFishTackle.Com shirt. Everyone who responds today automatically gets BigFishTackle.Com sticker.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Ok this is going to sound a bit silly but pound for pound I'd say Bonito. They are just as strong as a big tuna but most often are taken on light tackle so they are at the top of the list in my book.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Living in the Rocky Mountains, I will say, Pound for Pound wouls be Grayling or Tiger Trout. The fish in the Uinta's are not big, but boy can these guys bend a rod.[cool][/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there theangler when posting this info on our boards what link do we use for the members to respond?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Hello DR,
You can copy the address from the address bar above when your in this post.

So what are your thoughts on the best pound for pound, I know with all the fly fishing you do, there has to be a couple you would put up against some of the biggest.

When I think about this one, I try to imagine if all fish wieghed 900 pounds which one would keep you fighting long after you were worn out?

[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
ive got to say kokanee salmon fight better than any freshwater fish ive ever fought!
[signature]
Couple laked in Maryland have a stock of Tiger Muskie. Their all bone and brawn. Row of razor sharp teeth that'll make anyone who forgot to use a leader cry for their lost lure.

You hook one of these real good and you can only hope your useing a medium/light rod or better cause anything else is gonna snap like a twig. You can expect some full body out of water arial acrobatics from them.

All in all it's a fish that has allot of tools in it's trickbag to keep from getting caugh and strike to catch ratios on them are abismal. A fighting fish through and through.
[signature]
I would agree Bonita for saltwater and river Stripped bass freshwater
[signature]
Fresh Water I am going to have to say it is the Tiger Trout. I have never caught any with really good size to them but the little guys fight like crazy.
Salt water it is going to have to be the Wahoo. You hook a Wahoo it makes you say Woohoo...[shocked]
[signature]
WIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FIGHT HARDER THEN ANY TROUT HANDS DOWN
[signature]
Awesome responces guys! Jtingley, you make a guy want to drop everything and chase a tiger musky, great description of the fight!

Don't forget guys this is fresh and saltwater combined, pound for pound best in all fish (fresh or saltwater), so if you could pick only 1 fish, fresh or salt what would it be??
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Be it fly fishing or spinning I always use light tackle therefore every fish gives me a nice fight. But must say that the steelhead deserves a mention here. An 8" cutt on a 3wt will ceratinly get your attention in a hurry.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Going to have to be the Wiper! Gotta love having Willard Bay in my back yard! And when you hook one, it seems that you wear them out and your pulling them closer to the boat, and then it see's the boat and Round 2 begins![cool]
[signature]
Toughest fish i've ever put a hook in is no dought an Atlantic Spadefish. An 8 pounder can trash 20 pound tackle with no problem.; [cool]
[signature]
Not much experience with salt water species, but pound for pound I would say a tiger trout, followed closely by a wiper.
[signature]
Salt water: Cabria or yellow tail jack leaning to the jack.
Freshwater: Channel Cat. he would pull a tiger muskey around the lake.
[signature]
Got to agree. Though some kings have ripped me a new one too. [cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I was going to say a Baracuda, but, I think it had four tires.[cool] Don't know for sure, cause I never landed it! LOL[/size][/black]
[signature]
Wipers by far. Nothing like them but the smallie is a close second.
[signature]
My choice for the best fighting freshwater fish would be the Northern Pike. No two pike fight alike, so your always in for a surprise.

Austin
[url "http://www.gregsfishtaxidermy.com"]www.gregsfishtaxidermy.com[/url]
[url "http://www.gregandsonsfish.com"]www.gregandsonsfish.com[/url]
[signature]