Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Get any sweet deals at the Hall Show?
Anyone Get any sweet deals at the Hall Show?

What were your highlights at the show?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hi there angler,

Not really that sweet but I could find all the 3 inch soft baits my wallet could buy. Awesome selection of Big Hammers. Also I found some size 10 and 12 light wire circle hooks which are not Eagleclaw and pretty hard to find. Gotta remember there are many different styles of circle hooks out there and these are perfect of grubs. Tube and flyfishing seminars were great. Went two days in a row and I'm beat!

JapanRon
[signature]
Didn't find anything I couldn't live without at the show... I Did score a Stella 20000FA for $605 (new, ship & Ins incl). Best deal I've found on a Shimano in like forever because of their price fixing policies.

Thor
I think that 1 year of Fish Taco Chronicles for only $10 is a steal at the show. Plus you will be entered to win the $250 tuna stick. Come by the booth on the 1100 aisle by Bongos.
[signature]
Hello Guys,

I have yet to make it over to Big Hammmer's booth but will look forward to it, they do have some great baits! I made it the last to days, but don't seem to have actually covvered to much ground. I plan on not stopping to talk so much today and covering a bit more ground, because there is a ton of suff I haven't seen.

Thor, Awesome deal on the Stella, I have the 6# 2500 and love it!! Your right not very often you get a sweet deal on the top shelf stuff, you have to jump on it when its there!

I agree FISH TACO MAG. is a steal at $10 year! Must be tough Shawn having to look at the Bongo girls all day.

For anyone going back out, or who is planning on going this weekend stop by the Booyaa Booth and tell them you heard they were hooking up BFT message board visitors. While supplie last he'll have Free BFT T-Shirts, Beanies, stickers and some other good stuff! It was great to meet some of you on Thursday and Friday!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hey there theangler,

I did two days at the show and gotta take a break. I bought a 3rd Grip pole holster which is great for both personal and floattube use. I also bought what's called Miracle Glue which is actually super glue BUT...... it's lacking one ingredient so that it doesn't dry up after the first &%$#@ you use it.

Why? It works by eliminating the air between one thing and another that has a drop of this glue.

Flyfishing, Floattube, and California coastal fishing seminars are great. Saw some twice.

JapanRon
[signature]
Two things came from the show I thought worthy of mentioning, among the multitude of tackle that I saw. There is a new company that's in competition with all the biggies for tackle sales. The new company is called "Tiga". It is a Chinese based business that has a line of reels that bear everybodys' look, even if they are expensive.They are along the lines of the Calcuttas and the Internationals. The reel that impressed me is the CM100.It has 12 bearings and holds 140 yards of 12 pound and retrieves 5.2 to 1. BUT IT HAS A CLICKER ON THE FREE SPOOL. That is exciting and for me it sells the reel.They also sell a Copolymer Anti Abrasion line the blows my mind. They are the only ones that sell it. They gave me a spool of 12 pound to try out and I'll let all know how it turns out. They ran a test using P-line and their Sufix Copolymer rubbing both lines over a file like apparatus. The P-line frayed and broke after 32 rubs while the Sufix was still going at 300 rubs. Great show and I saw tons of stuff that I want. That's beside the two honies walking through the show clad in Bikinis and hip boots, Great lookin boots!
[signature]
George,

I have been selling Sufix line for a couple of years now. The Tritainium Plus is the line I believe you are speaking about . The stuff is amazing, has incredible abrasion resistance, and excellent knot strength. Look forward to hearing your comments.

Cheers,

Dean Plant

Anglers Center
[signature]

Hi there anglersctr,

I'm doing an article spotlighting co-polyment, hybrid-spectra, and spun-gel lines. I should get a spool and need to know if you sell it at the FH show or.......? Looking for your 12lb test rated line in a 150yd spool.

Thanks,

JapanRon
tsurikichi[Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Hey Okinawa: This Sufix, Tritanium PLUS looks like the real stuff. I fish the local wrecks, that means directly in the middle of their tangled debris. I constantly fray the line and lose fish, so it will get a good test. It is stiffer and smoother than mono. If it holds a good knot and lasts through 3 fishing trips, it will probably do it for me. The ultimate will be catching a large yellow on the Farnsworth which ALWAYS swim into and around every rock they can find. I was given a 400 yard spool of 12 pound at the "Tica" booth. I know you will let me know how the line did for you.
[signature]

Thank you gvanzant,

You're gonna laugh but, I'm fishing the following strings right now.

Spiderlwire- Stealth 20lb test (6lb dia*) Calcutta 400
Power Pro- 30lb test (8lb dia*) Calcutta 400
IRONSILK- 12lb test (.013" dia) Diawa PT3500
FireLine- 14lb test (6lb dia*) AbuGarcia 5600 FL

* I got the actual diameter from them after some effort.

I've already checked out momoi and a number of other 12~15lb test rated lines.

The Sufix Tritanium Plus will be one of the last lines I fish with before I put the various line specs together. As you know, with all the different considerations, it takes a lot of effort, and good will to show each lines attributes and otherwise fairly.

I am especially intregued by the co-polymers w/polymerized filiment-alignment processed lines models. Heat bonding, micro-extrusion, teflon infusion, yada yada..... what's next? ha ha

Looking forward to string up that line for the initial tug of a nice fat goat or an 8lb barrie! Rocks, Teeth Yikes!

Okinawa Kid
a.k.a.tsurikichi
[signature]
JapanRon: As you probably surmised I am certainly not an expert on mono or any other strings but I like to try em all. I find that using different 2 pound lines during my trout fishing gives me a better insight into what is a good line. Most 2 pound lines give up after a couple of fishing trips so I change constantly especially when it's tourney time. Just lately I put a P-line on my Daiwa Spinmatic and it has done very well after three trips. I put the same on my Daiwa SS Tournament and it failed after one trip. Interesting huh? As you suggested diameter is all important and the skinnier lines seem to catch more fish.In all honesty the very best 2 pound I have found over the years is Maxima. I know it's a fatter line but at one time it was the only 2 pound you could find so I have used it simply because it was first. But more importantly though, it has proven itself.(I know I'll hear about that last statement)
[signature]

Hi there gvanzant,

But of course! If one could not say something that was sure to illicit a response, this would be a cold, uninteresting world wouldn't it? I'm sure Maxima, then Ande and a few Japanese lines had the first ultra-lite or should I say ultra-thin lines on the market. Both the German and Japanese line makers have had a customer base of fisherman targeting carp and carp-like critters which, according to the anglers anyway, require very, very thin lines.

I have some German and Japanese lines that if calculated by mm vs inches and average diameter vs lb test equivilants would equal about 1/2lb test!!

That's thin and a thinner yet Japanese line is made from a carbon alloy-like titanium wire that is unbelievable! But then, you're paying 50 bucks for 5 yards of the stuff too! Anyone for a 2lb bulk spool? ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]

Hi there theangler,

Oh ya, I broke down and bought a pair of really cool Booyaa board pants. Can't wait till summer to use those puppies as I don't wear waders then. Quality stuff! Mentioned BFT and my handle and the Boss Man practically shook my hand off. I walked away with some goooooooood freebies I'll be using this season.

Regardless of the goodies, cool guy, quality stuff, good staff! With that kinda combination you just gotta succeed.

JapanRon
[signature]
Rubbed Elbow's "Hopeing for More" Yikes!,with a newbie fishing apparel's two beautiful model's.Bought them a bottle of lieabation,they disappeared,and came up for air the next day,apolagetic,for disapearing on me,and came up on 2 hats 1 visor 1 shirt,1 pair of shorts...retail value:$130.00..for a $10.00 bottle of smack...I would have prefered the Honey Buns for Breakfast Myself...Yikes!
The Highlight of the show for me was spending 5 days in the booth next to Romero FisherKing. The low light was not seeing George Van Zant at the show. Hanging out w/Miguel Romero was pretty cool too. He saved me $6 bucks by giving me a coors lite out of his cooler. Thanks Mike.
[signature]