Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Get any sweet deals at the Hall Show?
JapanRon: As you probably surmised I am certainly not an expert on mono or any other strings but I like to try em all. I find that using different 2 pound lines during my trout fishing gives me a better insight into what is a good line. Most 2 pound lines give up after a couple of fishing trips so I change constantly especially when it's tourney time. Just lately I put a P-line on my Daiwa Spinmatic and it has done very well after three trips. I put the same on my Daiwa SS Tournament and it failed after one trip. Interesting huh? As you suggested diameter is all important and the skinnier lines seem to catch more fish.In all honesty the very best 2 pound I have found over the years is Maxima. I know it's a fatter line but at one time it was the only 2 pound you could find so I have used it simply because it was first. But more importantly though, it has proven itself.(I know I'll hear about that last statement)
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [JapanRon] Anyone Get any sweet deals at the Hall Show? - by gvanzant - 03-09-2003, 04:14 PM