Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's your ?
what's your funniest fishing moment ?
[signature]
Since all of the epople I fish with seem to be well a little clumsy shall we say, there are a lot of them, but one stands out.

On a brisk november morning in Utah, my friend Chuck and I set out for Deer Creek. It is a mountain reservoir at 5,400 feet elevation. Needless to say, in November, it's mighty cold. I don't recall the surface temp, but it had to be around 40 degrees. We had been fishing for a couple of hours and had caught a few 17-18 inch Rainbows. The boat that we were on was a 16' closed bow with a full windshield and we had the top up to keep out the cold breeze. We decided to anchor down in a spot where we had caught more than one fish trolling. Chuck had climbed around the windshield onto the bow and lowered the anchor. He started to make his way back, when I saw his foot slide on the slippery side of the boat. He tried to grab the top, slapping at it feverishly to find some kind of hold, but it was of no use. I'll never forget the look on his face as he realized he was going overboard. He just gave up, dawned this look of a little lost puppy begging for help, and pushed off slightly as not to hit the side on the way down, and in. I had, by now, moved to the side of the boat where he used to be. He went under about a foot and then started right back up. I grabbed him on the way up. With his upward movement and the assist I gave, he entered the boat much like a Tuna or Sailfish you see on T.V. We got him into my down filled snow suit, and headed home. He was not injured except for pride. I wish I had a video of the sequence. The look on his face was one in a million. We laughed for years.
[signature]
I'M ROLLING RIGHT NOW ! OH THAT HAD TO BE THE BEST ! I HAD THE SAME KIND OF EXPERIANCE WHEN MY BUDDY WENT TO PULL UP ANCHOR , THE WATER WAS GETTING CHOPPY AND ANCHOR WAS STUCK HEAVY IN THE MUD , HE WRAPPED THE ROPE AROUND HIS HANDS AND GAVE A HUGE PULL WELL THE ANCHOR DIDN'T GIVE , BUT THE BOW SHOT UP FROM A WAVE AND HE SHOT DOWN - INTO THE DRINK ! WELL AFTER A FEW ATTEMPTS AT GETTING IN HE FINALLY MADE IT . I GOT THE ANCHOR UP ( ONE PULL ) AS HE HUDELED IN THE BOW AREA , KEEPING OUT OF THE BREESE .

AS WE HEADED BACK TO THE LAUNCH I WOULD KEEP LOOKING DOWN AT HIM , AND CRACKING A LITTLE SMILE . HIS ONLY WOURDS HE SPOKE THE REST OF THE TRIP HOME WERE , " DON'T GO THERE , IT AIN'T FUNNY ".

WAS TO ME THOUGH ! HE STILL DOSEN'T THINK IT WAS THAT FUNNY , AND THAT WAS ELEVEN YEARS AGO .
[signature]
hey guys those both cracked me up!!1 good ones/ i guess you can see how long it,s been since i looked at the stories. haha i got to think on this one a bit i think! [Smile][Wink][cool][laugh]
[signature]
GOOD PALS CAN GIVE AND TAKE A GOOD RIBBING WHEN THE OPPURYUNITY PRESENTS ITSELF . AND I HAVE BEEN ON OPPURTUNITY 'S RECIVING END A LOT ! LOL !
[signature]
hey there pal, haha i been on it pretty good just enough to home haha with jack!! haha i should of put the moose one on here instead of the other one haha did ya see it yet?? haha i was scat!! so was dawn. this one was true!!!! hahaha all of em have been but i,m bout ready to bust a little hahalike you just did. haha bobber earring????????? don,t think so george! haha but i hear ya as fer as the bustin. that,s right we can take it can,t we?? hahahaha [angelic]
[signature]
I remember when I was in boy scouts and I went fishing with my troop. We were out on a boat catching some nice sized trout on power bait. Well, one boy hooked a mean fish, so I was getting excited, and wasn't paying attention to my pole. The next thing I knew, it was going over the side of the boat. I heard that some people caught a fish hooked to a pole, but I haven't checked to verify it. Some coinsidence if it happened.
[signature]
here's one for you . when i was let's say younger and a little bit rebelous ( stupid is more like the correct term for it ) i went fishing with my pals in a backwaters of lake erie for some catfish .

a roaring campfire ,a slight breese and plenty of empty beercans . anyway you get the picture . i managed to finally get a cast out , set the pole against a log and waited for a nibble .

the pole moved and i grabbed it , watched the line for movement ( feeling was not up to par if you know what i mean )nothing was there so i set it back down . the can pile was growing steadly .

over and over this happened . no fish .

after about an hour i decided to wait for the fish to really hit the line hard .

the pole started to move , a little more each time , suddenly it just jumped strait up in the air about three or four feet . i fell ove backwards in shock . everyone was laughing their tails off , i was the only one who didn't know i had hooked the big cottonwood tree i was under .
[signature]
THATS ONE OF THE BEST STORIES i'VE EVER HEARD. ONE TIME I WAS FISHING WITH MY FRIENDS WE WER EFISHING FOR TIGER MUSKIES AT PINEVIEW RESEVOIR IN HUNTSVILLE UTAH AND AFTER I HAD CAUGHT NOTHING FOR SEVERAL HOURS WE WERE JUST ABOUT TO LEAVE WHEN i CAUGHT A FISH I WAS SO SUPRISED THAT I FELL INTO THE WATER. MY FRIENDS WERE LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY. IT WAS FREEZING COLD BUT i STILL CAUGHT THE FISH.
[signature]
I HAVE ANOTHER ONE FOR YOU. MY BUDDY AND I WERE FISHING FOR CATS AND WE HAD CAUGHT LIKE FIVE 8-12 POUNDERS AND HAD JUST ADDED ONE TO THE STRINGER WHEN MY FRIEND WENT TO PUT THE STRINGER BACK IN THE WATER HE DIDN'T REALIZE HOW HEAVY IT WAS ANDTOSSED THE WHOLE THING INTO THE WATER WITHOUT IT ATTACHED TO ANYTHING THEN HE DECIDED THAT HIS SHOES DIDN'T WANT TO GET WET SO HE YELLED TO ME AND I ENDED UP JUMPING INTO THE WATER TO FETCH THE FISH. WHILE HE STOOD THERE LAUGHING AT ME. GREAT FRIENDS UH J/K
[signature]
that happens more often than you might think. especialy during ice fishing season. at least half dozen of my buddies loose there rods to fish through a hole only to have some one else get hold of the fish that swiped it in a near proxcimity and find a line attached to it pull it up and find an ice rod. last year one buddy lost his rod in the morning came back out latter in the afternoon and caught hil own pole while reeling in teh fish that swiped it.

I was there on both events. I hollared to the guy to tell him his pole was going down no sooner than he turned around he saw the end of his rod handle sticking up out of the water then disapar down the hole. I fished beside him later in the afternoon when he pulled up his own pole.

I my self have pulled poles up out of the water just never attached to a fish[Tongue]
[signature]
Many, many years ago, my brother, dad, cousin and I were out fishing on a local river. It was a rocky river with lots of trees and backwaters. Well, my cousin, Brian, decides that one spot across the river looked real fishy, so he swims across, pole in teeth. He has to bash through brush to get to the spot and we can clearly see him and hear him the whole time. After about 5 minutes of struggle, he gets a cast in. First cast and he had a huge bass on. His pole was wrapped back so the tip touched the butt nearly. He couldn't land it where he was, so he started bringing it around. Just happened he was bringing it to directly across the river from us. He was fighting that thing mightily. My brother jumped in and swam across to help land it, but wasn't quite there when Brian made it to a point right across from me and Dad. He was bleeding from several cuts to his arms, legs, and face that he picked up while getting back through brush with his mind more on the water than the flora. His cigarette was dangling with no fire on the end. And, of course, he was cussing up a storm. Right when my brother got to him and was about to lend a hand, that bass jumped for the first time. It was a bruiser - at least 8 lbs - which was bigger than any bass Brian had caught up to that time. It came out of the water a good two feet and the jig went flying out of its mouth. It hadn't even made it back to the water before my cousin jumped in after it, cussing like a career sailor and with the cigarette still in his mouth. My brother had to catch the pole Brian threw as he went in. Now he claimed that he touched it underwater, but couldn't hold on to it. We claimed that we never saw any fish and if there was a fish, why didn't he catch it? Eventually, we allowed that it might have been a carp. Boy, was he mad and of course, we thought it was hilarious. He sat down and didn't even try to catch a fish for an hour. To this day, even getting near that spot irritates him.
[signature]
lol, [sly] I hate wanting some ting so bad it leaves a bad taist in my mouth when I dont get it. [laugh]

I lost my biggest bass I ever saw on the water too this year, only the fish jumped rught out of the water and slaped me in the face before letting go of the hook.[pirate] I should have grabed him with me teeth lol.[shocked]
[signature]
i would have to say while out tuna fishing a guy sets his pole against the rail with his bait still out he gets a bite and his pole go's over the side he takes a running dive over the side some how manages to grab his pole we look over the side and all we see is his legs sticking out of the water because the tuna has rolled him over he finally comes head up brfore we had to jump over for him gets back to the boat hands his pole up we haul him back on board give hime his pole back and he goes on to land a 30# plus tuna
[signature]