Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Spot Fins
I was reading some older stuff on a California fishing board (I have no idea how I got there) and several people mentioned that they really liked their "Hot Spot" brand fins. Are these still around? Are they good fins? How do they stack up against other brands?
[signature]
DON'T USE THEM MYSELF, I USE A SET OF US DIVERS THAT WORK REALLY WELL FOR ME, BUT I DO KNOW SEVERAL TUBERS THAT USE THE HOT SPOTS AND SWEAR BY THEM. THE ONE THING I DO LIKE ABOUT THEM IS THAT THEY FLOAT WHICH ELIMINATES HAVING TO USE LEASHES. I KNOW TURNERS OUTDOORSMAN CARRIES THEM AND THE MAKER FREQUENTS THE FNN MESSAGE BOARD, CAN'T RECALL HIS NAME. HOPE THAT HELPS

AT
[signature]
The hot spot fins are popular amongst many of the float tubers and divers in CA. They are guaranteed to float if they are dislodged. hmmm makes me wonder why they would be coming off.

I personally have not tried them but looking at the design, I see the need for floatation.

The fins are only available from CA retailers. Here is a list of them just in case that you want to order some up.

Hot Spot Fins [url "http://www.hotspotfins.com/about.htm"]Retailers Locatons[/url].
[signature]
would like to see them float in 4 inches of mud during a dismount.
Thanks for the help all, I'll check into them! Only bad part is it looks like I'd have to buy 'em before I try 'em since they've only got them out in Cali. Maybe I should check a local dive shop or something first...

By the way, ATFishing, I saw some of the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=220785;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]pics of your tricked out ODC[/url]--great job! I'm probably going to pick me up one of those pretty soon here. Is there anything you particularly like or dislike with your rigging since you've been using it for a while now (assuming that's the case--maybe you've moved on already)? How is the back rest? Is it high enough?
[signature]
Haha! So would I!
[signature]
LOVE MY ODC GREAT TUBE, I FISH VERY COMFORTABLY FROM IT, ALTHOUGH I'VE BEEM DOING THE BOAT THING AS OF LATE BECAUSE OF ALL THE RUN AND GUN WE'VE HAD TO DO TO FIND THE FISH. AS FOR THE RIGGING IT HAS REMAINED ALMOST THE SAME, I'VE ADDED A CUP FOR FISH SCENT, PAINTED IT BLACK, AND CALL ME VAIN BUT I'M WORKING ON A CAMERA/VIDEO MOUNT.....I'LL POST UP IF IT WORKS OUT.

AT
[signature]
Glad to hear it's working out for you so well. I hope mine treats me likewise! I'd love to hear how the camera/video mount turns out--that sounds like a great idea. I bet you could get some pretty awesome footage if you don't have to worry about holding the camera. By the way, what kind of camera do you use? Do you have one of those snazzy waterproof ones?
[signature]
I use Mares Avanti X-3's and LOVE them. Most dive shops stock mares products.
[signature]
[black][size 3]My camera mount is my old man. That's why I have some great pictures of ALL the fish I catch and he doen't have any LOL[/size][/black]
[signature]
I've heard good things about those Mares fins too (mainly just reading stuff on here). I'ma definitely gonna have to check 'em out. Know of any good places around Utah or Salt Lake counties to find them?
[signature]
Hey there AT. That camera takes good pics but sometimes it forgets to log you in. hee hee.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Almost any good dive shop will have them...or can get them. Best bet is to go try some on, decide which models you might want and then go online looking for "diving equipment"...specifically "Diving fins". There are quite a few online outlets with some killer deals.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The important thing is to decide on the model and the SIZE.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'll check it out...thanks for the tip!
[signature]