Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whimpiest Fish Poll
We did so well with the strongest fish pound for pound thread, now we are after the Wimpiest fish.

We want to know what is the Wimpiest fish that you have ever caught in fresh or saltwater. What fish was it that just lacked the ability to stretch your string, make your drag sing or cause your rod to go bendo??[cool]
[signature]
[cool] I caught a baby bass fishing with a minnow and the bass was barely larger than the minnow. He had an appetite that was bigger than he was!!hehe
[signature]
[black][size 3]I have caught a lot of fish, that their eyes were bigger than there stomach:[/size][/black]
[inline "Provo 003.jpg"]
[signature]
Bassangal,
My son had one like that, check this out:
[Image: tannersbass.jpg]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
without a doubt, kokanee salmon durring the late stages of the spawn. hands down. mabey it's got something to do with the fact they are dying.
[signature]
Walleye. More of a drag in than much fight.
I've latched hold of few lake trout that also felt much like "fighting" a tire off the bottom of the pond as well.
[signature]
What won the strongest fish poll, I must of missed the poll. Stupid work[Wink]

Whimpiest fish I will get back to.
[signature]
[reply]
Walleye. More of a drag in than much fight.
I've latched hold of few lake trout that also felt much like "fighting" a tire off the bottom of the pond as well. [/reply]
You need to go catch a couple of northern MN walleye's. Believe me, they fight.[cool]
[signature]
Lizard fish saltwater and bullhead catfish freshwater
[signature]
Walleye
[signature]
That was posted toward the end of the original post. I copied and pasted it here with the link that was included.

From theangler:
[#005000][size 1]
Quote: [#005000][size 1]Thank you all for the help on this. It was a test post for the intrigue behind the question "what is the pound for pound toughest fish" for an article for the Mail Tribune, In southern Oregon by Mark Freedman.

The article turned out awesome and he was kind enough to mention the site in his article, check it out at: [/size][/#005000][url "http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2007/0315/sport/stories/bigfishmadness-freecolm.htm"][#005000][size 1]http://www.mailtribune.com/...madness-freecolm.htm[/size][/#005000][/url][#005000][size 1]

Everyone who replied please send a PM to [/size][/#005000][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Forum_Moderator_Boards_C4/General__Moderator_Board_F73/IMPORTANT%3A_Please_welcome_Gaby_San_Paolo_%28gabys%29_P314761/gforum.cgi?username=gabys;t=search_engine"][#005000][size 1]gabys[/size][/#005000][/url][size 1][#005000] with your address and shirt size, we are sending out BFT Stickers to all and will randomly select a few t-shirt winners!

THANKS AGAIN!!! [/#005000][/size]
[/size][/#005000]
[size 1][#005000][/#005000][/size]
[size 1][#005000]
[black][size 3]Don't forget that I am doing a separate contest. All answers are valid and will be considered.[cool][/size][/black]
.[/#005000] [/size]
[signature]
I've caught them out of Utah Lake, Deer Creek and Yuba at different times of the year and they still seem to be one of the most slow, lethargic fish I've ever caught. The biggest Walleye I've ever caught was a monsterous female that I was sure was a snag until she drug on up to the boat. I'm sure she would have been 10lbs +. She was full of eggs so I let her go.
The fine taste of Walleye however makes up for thier lack of tussle on the end of the line.
[signature]
the whimpiest fish that u can catch....im going to have 2 say is a brime fish small little buggers BUT they will even bite at the 10 inch gulp worms lol i had one swallow the tail of the worm and i yanked the brim out of the water (few years back)
[signature]
Without a doubt, the whimpiest fish is the smaller walleyes. 12" to about 17". I did not catch a single fish that fought back at willard last year. If you catch them on a planer board you seldom know there is even a fish on there and drag them around for miles. I caught a 23"er last summer and it felt like a planter bow of about 8".[cool]
[signature]
Some of the whimpest fish I ever caught was yellow perch at Jordanelle in our latest perch party. Tubedude was a witness as to their rod bending ability. (They just barely bent the strike indicator) Managed to bring 23 of these bruisers to the hard deck.
[signature]
I would also agree with some of the guys that the walleye, in general fights poorly. Just like LH2 said, I too have drug them around for hours without even knowing one was on. My largest was a 6 pounder that I thought was a carp until it was right beside the boat. WH2
[signature]
I second both your choices mactuna. We're eye to eye [cool]
[signature]
Walleyes fight like hell compared to Strawberry Cutthroats of the same size. I would say Stawberry cutts give up quite easily.
[signature]
[black][size 1]Post:[/size][/black] [black][size 1]Walleyes fight like hell compared to Strawberry Cutthroats of the same size. I would say Stawberry cutts give up quite easily.
[/size][/black]

[black][size 3]Where the heck do you fish at Strawberry? Maybe you need a little lighter tackle instead of that old CB radio antenna you are using[laugh][laugh] Just kidding ya.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]But I think Strawberry Cuts and Bows fight fantastic...at least on a fly rod they do.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Theres no wimpy fish in NE. But the least fighting fish must be the perch. I've seen them take 3 ft of line on a tipup and stop. Lazy beyond believe. For lack of a fight it would be a stocked trout. I think they want to be boated.
[signature]