Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miracle Glue

Hey there guys,

I found a really neat product. It's new to me but maybe not you guys. It's called Miracle Glue is was sold at the Fred Hall Show. It's said to be better that super glue as it doesn't dry up on the first use! Glues lots of different stuff and would be perfect for repairing softbaits and locking knots. Works on the principal of bonding by elimination of air between an item and another with a drop of the glue on it.

They may sell it in some tackle shops!?

JapanRon
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2] Sounds like this glue could be the thing of the future. I used crazy glue for my repairs. From gluing soft baits to jig heads to locking knots. And one time, I went fishing on the way back home. The tire on my truck was making a noise, so I pulled over and the recap came lose and was flopping. I just pulled the flap back and filled it with crazy glue, then pushed it back down. This repair held till I got home about 30 miles. I have used crazy glue for a lot of things but it does dry up sometimes..[/size][/font]
[signature]

Hi there byrumjr,

I don't think I was ever successful with super glue. I think maybe I just didn't get it!

I have just tried it on a softbait and it seems to work fine. I have no personal interest with the company but when they said it had about 1,500 drops in the squeeze bottle coupled with my doing it at their booth I figured what the heck. Their e-mail address is DaveShare@peoplepc.com or Phone (626) 398-4657.

It's probably good for guys like me. ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
I watched a demo of Miracle Glue a couple years ago at the Colorado State Fair. I thought I had found the answer to all my gluing problems. They were gluing everything to anything!! Before buying, I asked them about the gluing job I hadn't ever been able to solve -- polyethylene!! Their faces paled when they heard that word before answering, "No, Miracle Glue won't bond polyethylene." So, while their stuff is darn good, I'm still looking for my miracle glue.
[signature]
well maybe i can help you guys out, i use to be a plumber, and what i use to use on the pvc pipes,{the sewer lines} it,s a HARD, THICK white plastic pipe WATER} RUNS THRU IT, from your toilet, sinks, well the glue we use to use on that, i believe you will not find anythin that will beat it, now mind ya i don,t know bout this material your talkin about is, but it,s wortha try. it,s called pvc cement. and i use it fer anythin and everythin haha. but dont, put it on anythin ya dont want to stick permanently haha cause its just what it says, permanent. haha oh, and i,ll tell ya from expirence, when your puttin this on, DO NOT GIT NEAR FIRE! haah i was tired one night, not thinkin i,d just got done doin the sewer line and went to sodder a pipe which was a little toooo close to it. well mr man i was some scat, flammable. yes sa it went up. till it dries. ok?? do not smoke near it either. TILL IT DRIES. THIS Stuff is so permnent that theres no pullin apart, ya have to saw that piece off and start again. that,s how strong it is. it hold 3- and 4 inch heavy duty plastic sewer pipes together, and last fer years and years. never had a leak in the house with the sewer lines, sink lines, the, copper has gone before this ever will, and need fixin. and those pipes been there nigh on 40 years. try it, maybe you,ll like it. hhaha. i do not recommend kids usin it. the price range fer a small can of it is around 10.00 bucks but it will last ya fer a LONGTIME. maybe 2-3 years, dependin on what your usin it fer. and don,t use it on burners of campstoves or anythin like that. use it fer your fishin and huntin stuff nothin that has any warmth or heat comin off it. ok? you,ll be fine. just remember to wipe aound the edges of the can before you put the cover back on so,s it dont, stick there. and remember to put the lid back on or you,ll dry it up. like any glue. remember though this is ten times more glue than any glues you guys have ever used fer gluein. haha later
[signature]
Thanks for the attempt to help, but I've used a couple brands of PVC cement before, and if they are the same type you use, it doesn't touch polyethene.

The only way I'm aware of "gluing" polyethene is to weld it using heat and polyethene welding rods.
[signature]
well it still works better than any glue i,ve ever used. what do you want to put it on that fer anyways?? used fer?? i guess ya better learn how to sew. haha later [Smile][Wink][crazy]haha
[signature]
haha i was thinkin itwas a like the cloth we have that goes under the tent, haha well if it,s some material like that i guess ya better weld it. haha later. [Smile]
[signature]
Polyethylene is an older plastic than PVC and has been replaced by PVC for many uses.

Polyethylene, in its high and low density versions, are numbers 2 and 4 in the plastic recyling code and are used for things like milk and detergent bottles, buckets, home storage containers, water storage tanks, frozen food bags, toy parts, and special water pipes. A special type, newer polyethylene, PETE or PET (polyethylene terephthalate) is used for soft drink and beer bottles and is #1 in the recyling code.

PVC is #3 in the recycling code and is used for things like medical tubing, wire and cable insulation, house siding, and like you said, water piping.

To me, most polyethylene feels slicker or "greasier" than PVC.

In plumbing, polyethylene pipe or polyethylene lined pipe is used to carry high purity water like chemical laboratory distilled water because plasticizers from PVC pipe and metal from metal piping, unless tin-lined, continually leach (practically forever) and contaminate high purity water.

Evidence and concern is starting to accumulate that these PVC plasticizers may be toxic to animals -- humans included. The PVC plasticizers have definitely been found toxic to people working in PVC manufacturing plants, including PVC water pipe manufacturing, causing an abnormally high cancer rate in those persons exposed in those plants. PVC wire and cable insulation and probably PVC water piping, to a lesser degree, are major causes of toxic fumes when modern, high-rise office buildings catch fire.

I personally have avoided any PVC piping in my house, even though its quality of lasting nearly forever has been highly inviting.

I think most plastic lures are now made from PVC or polystyrene (code #6).

That, and the fact polyethylene can't be glued with any glue I've tried, is about all this retired 30+ year director of a chemical/biological analytical laboratory knows on the subject. I obviously don't have all the practical experience with PVC piping you have.
[signature]
oh ok, ya done good explainin haha well then how do they hold the milk boxes together?? like the half gallon ones?? what they use on them?? y well thats only i know as fer as that is cause we had our own business and had to do it. that,s all.seems everythins gittin toxic aqin,t it?? haha i member when they said eggs wern,t good gfer us too. then milk at one point whatever. your gonna croke from somethin no matter what ya do. haha i,m gonna live while i can live and worry bout the diein later. haha no i don,t wamt to hurt the enviroment no more than has been done already, but this cancer stuff sounds like they blame that on everythin no matter which way ya look at it.some i think just got it in there systems, and more susceptible to it. or herreitary. i,m doin good just to git thru the day today ya know without worryin bout tomorrer. cause tomorrer i might not be here who knows only the one upstairs. but in some instances they seem to be comin out with stuff to make the enviroments better, and if i can hep in anyways i will. cause thee ain,t nothin i love moren my fishin huntin and nature. we got to keep it good. i hear ya thee.and that pipin your talkin bout came befoe me then haha dont member that.one. haha but i did the cast iron too, did it all. ya know ya got to do what ya got to do? haha well i guess that,s enough. haha laterthanks fer the info. mare
[signature]
[Smile]ahha sound like we,re gittin good n technicle here don,t it! haha later[Smile][Wink][cool]
[signature]
Yeah. I know what you mean. I grew up as a farmer and became a pretty good auto mechanic, photographer, and fisherman -- all which I learned "apprenticing" under my Dad. The technical side, however, helps me understand things a little better and do the job a little better -- a lot like NASCAR using all that computer stuff to make their cars run and handle better.

I'm too,am not real sure about all this cancer and disease stuff. Unquestionably, more people are experiencing more problems -- like Alzheimers -- but maybe a lot of it is that we're living longer now. I do, however, feel it's good to get as much information as you can on stuff, particularly all the new man-made stuff from petroleum, so each person can make their own decisions on what to use and what to avoid in order to help have an even longer quality life.
[signature]
So what would everyone recommend to use to glue some foam to abs pipe? I'm thinking I want to add some padding to my rod holder system for my float tube so that I don't end up scratching up all my rods and reels.

At first I thought just simple Elmers glue would work but that's dumb since it dissolves in water. I think that superglue or krazy glue wouldn't hold to well with the (open celled) foam.

Any suggestions?
[signature]
Hey Catman, There is a product that you can get at Home Depot or most other DYI places. it is called "GOOP" It will bond almost anything to almost anything else. I have used it especially on open cell foam with excellent results. It will also work on polyethelyne, polyolephyn and other hard to glue items.

I have even used it to reattach rod tips. Give it a try. I swear by it. $$%^)^^^%^#&**$#$(*)&%#% see what I mean.
[signature]
Thanks TB2 I'll have to check that out.
[signature]
haha yes that technicle stuff will do that fer ya. haha it,s always good to learn it through, then sometimes experiment with different things, angles, and different ways of lookin at things. ya must be pretty good at what your doin, sounds like bud. thats good. there really aint a day goes by ya cant, learn somethin new, if ya look fer it, and sometimes even when your not,. ahha we can use our time to our own advantage and thats good. huh, well, ya know bud, i,m debatin on what ya said as fer as us livin longer, my gramp lived to be 92, gram 89 ma 73, and that,s pretty long time. they worked hard on the farms, ate all natural foods ate good, meat taders veggies anythin theiy wanted, werent fat, didntn have to be on no diets,c ause they worked off what ever they ate and were strong as oxes, as me too. even the women worked like men, they lived hard, worked hard and played hard. what do i see now""everyone spendin times in gymns on those portable standin bikes, runnin on a machine, doin those excersizes to tv people! ahah makes me laugh! i was rugged because i EARNEDIT, WORKED IT! PLAYED IT! HAHA if those people spent the time there doin that stuff out breathin fresh air pitchin hay, drivin tractor throwin the hay up into the barn, up before dawn feedin cows milkin em by hand shovelin shit, fer 70 head a cows,feedin the little ones, out the bucket, comin in gittin supper fer about 7 hands, doin dishes cleanin up the kitchen, and then doin it again everyday, of their life they wouldnt, have to be in then fancy trainin money grubbin excersize places. cause thats all they care about. and if people worked like they use to work they wouldnt be fat in the first place. iand they didnt die of cancer. any of mine. haha lived a good hearty life. and the kids wernt in gangs either. they had somethin to do. work! even if it was to shovel shit. it was a giid livin. haha and nobody took theirs. because they had enough to do just to survive. puttin all this unnatural stuff in their bodies now adays to make em skinny, ahha and have to be the way others want you to be, and can,t except you the way you are, is gittin out of hand. nad somebodys makin profits off it huh?? theres your cancers. people just dont know how to work hard anymore like that. cuse the farms are goin. [Sad] alzheimers is a brain disease where theres not gittin enough oxygen or cells are deteriatin, my ma had it, adn with all the meds she was takin it didnt help either. i believe that is total difference than things with cancer,or the cause of, but i dont see where people are livin any longer, not really. do you??????? if they do it,s only cause of meds and hangin on, not livin, quality life either. think aboutit, look at the whole situation. and these veggie people. they ain,t healthy! they even look sickly to me. if they worked hard like up top, then ate a good meal, they wouldn,t be fat. well guess i got techinicle this time haha later
[signature]
yeah i,ve heard of that one too. actually i think jack used it fer somethin i fergit what but worked good.haha probably to hold the motorcycle together. haha[Smile][Wink]
[signature]
I love that stuff. I haven't found anything yet that it won't fix. That stuff will bond metal, glass, rubber, wood, ceramic tile, porcelain and about anything else that you can think of.
[signature]
yeah i,m sure we got some around here somewhere haha we got tentin stuff, motorcycle stuff, fishin huntin snow boards skis anythin you can think of in this howse ahha and i cant find a bottle if goop haha well i fergit who puts it out?? its got to be in with somethin! haha[Smile][Wink]
[signature]
I alwasy keep one in my pockets as well as 3 or 4 of them around the house. I even have a couple in the garage and 1 on the float tube.
[signature]