Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Koke Seminar
Hey guys, who all made it to the koke seminar? It was a lot of fun, and I think I left with a few new tricks to try out! It was good to meet old coot and have a chance to talk wipers with him. Im going to be bugging him for info on wipers soon! Thats one species I would like to know something about! You still have a chance to go and get some koke information at the ISE show!

I am amazed at how well Jared knows the kokes! He gave a lot of good information and helped a lot of people get a good start to the koke season. If you get the chance, visit him at the ISE show! You won't be disappointed by what you learn from him. Also, have him show you his squids under the black light... amazing! Those things are going to be a great addition to the tackle box!

Kyle Edwards was also at the seminar and is always full of good information. I was surprised when I saw him taking a group of people down the tackle rows at Sportsmans and helping them pick out good mac baits, and avoid lousy ones. I wish I had that kind of help before I wasted money on a lot of the tackle that sits in the garage!

When you stop by to see these guys, also check out some of the new Pro Cure scents! i started using Pro Cure last year and was really surprised at how well it works. They have a good variety of scents to match any fishing need too. Their Super Gels are great because they stay on the lure longer and keep on providing that great scent.

talk to ya later, bkidder
[signature]
i went to the seminar. i was sitting in the back, but had to leave a little early. it was a little hard to hear back there. i should have moved up and stood along the sides like others were doing, but i wasnt able to stay long anyways. it sounds like i missed the best part if questions were being answered to individuals at the end! im going to head down to the ISE show sometime this weekend to buy some new tackle. i'll have to try and stay a little longer and actually ask some questions! (i have plenty of them!)

by the way, thanks for answering my email bkidder! i really appreciate the time you took to type that up and explain a few things. the picture helped a lot too! was that the rocky mountain fire ice dodger in the pic? it looks pretty sweet! im sure i'll be asking you many more questions on kokanee this year!

see you fellas at the ISE!
[signature]
I was there BKidder and I second everything that you said. I really like Jared's new line of lures. His new company, Rocky Mountain Tackle, is well on it's way to being one of the best. I can't wait to try some of the new stuff at the Gorge this year. After the seminar, I wanted to go fishing the next day. I visited Jared in his booth yesterday at the ISE show and he has a great setup. Very helpful for anyone that wants to stop in. He loves to tell people how to get started. I learned a few tricks myself that I think will help out this year. Anyway, hats off to Jared for taking the big step. I hope his new lures are a big hit. I think they will be.

Jared Nelson "Chinook"
[signature]
I also attended. It was very informative. However i would have like to hear a little more from Jared. Nevertheless there was some great information passed around. For those of you who would like to learn how to catch kokes or even a little more on the species you need to get infront of this group. Great people to work with on products and also just to shoot the breeze. Thanks again
[signature]
Tanner and I was at the Koke seminar. Tanner was the kid who asked how big do the Kokes get. I know we got enough information to get out to the Berry and give it a good try. I am an old fly fisherman, but Tanner wants to do it all. If Tanner wants to try it, we will give it our best shot! Grandkids keep us old folks doing new things. I was impressed by the amount of knowledge at this seminar. We met the man taking pictures from BFT, and would like to have met the rest of you that were there. Sorry I can't remember this mans name. maybe every one should have a BFT emblem on there shirts! Hope to see many of you at the ISE show.
[signature]
Question for those who attended the koke seminar - what are they putting on the hoochies with the double hooks? In other states they allow the "C" word but not at the Gorge.
[signature]
Lund- Various places carry rubber C, just soak it in some pro-cure C scent for a day or two beforehand. Works like a charm.
[signature]
i have to agree, that fake "C" will work well when soaked. i also use chunks of nightcrawler at times. this works best early season, but will also work in the summer. meal worms work great too and can really hold a scent when covered with pro cure bait oil, or smelly jelly, or whatever. ive also caught plenty of kokes with nothing but a little pro cure super gel.

hey, the guy taking film was old coot. i met him there as well. it was good to meet him, and i believe he'll have that video available soon. send him a pm if interested!

i think tanner had one of the best questions! glad to see you on the board tannersgrandpa! bft is a great place to be to learn some new tricks!
[signature]