Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best buy on fat cat
Sometime ago somebody posted a link to a place that had a good deal on the ODC Fat Cat--better prices than Cabelas. I thought I saved the link, but can't find it--could "someone" post that again? Mucho apprecianado.
[signature]
Just save a few more bucks and get a H3. You'll be happier in the long run.
[signature]
Well, it's almost 3 times as much, and I doubt that there can be enough difference to justify that just initially getting out on the water here in south western Idaho. Unless there is some fatal flaw in the Fat Cat, which I have heard nothing but good things about. For the price difference I can pick-up a decent fish-finder, some summer stocking foots, and flippers [cool]

Not to mention some of the lure making supplies I can pick up with the savings...

But thanks, it's something to keep in mind when I am more endowed with cashitos [cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]No familiar with the ODC Fat Cat you are talking about. I am assuming you are talking around $130. if you say the H3 is three times as much.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Majja Has the ODC and loves it.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Me on the other hand, rather than saving money for more lures, fish finder, etc., when I am sitting out in 60 feet of water and a ways off the shore, know fully well, how weather can change in a second, I will opt to put the money into what I am sitting on. That H3 can take white water in rivers, I don't see too much happening on stillwater that it can't handle, and I REALLY like that.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I know I am a little different on my thinking on this than the masses, but I am not going to put a price tag on personal safety.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Again, I am not saying ODC is a bad choice at all. Majja has proved its worthiness to me.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I just beat the crap out of my gear with 4 to 5 days a week in the summer, and this H3 looks tough as nails.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Hows the vise working for you? I wanna see some FLIES[cool][/size][/black]
[signature]
Save the bucks and get the H-3 you won't regret it. if Flygoddess gets out with TD and he tries it. I think he might end up owning one I went with them last week and they are impressive and built sturdy and they even keep the mojorising s arse out of the water and he ain't no skinny minny.[cool][cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
If you are referring to the ODC 420, several of us got them at jtbuckonline.com last year for a good price. I see that now they are $165 so you might as well go to Cabelas. I saw it there yesterday for the same price. There were some posts (I think) about a good price on a yellow Fat Cat. You'd have to search back a few months to find them and I don't know if that deal is still available.

Good luck
RD

I should add that the ODC is all I need as I don't intend to go on rivers with it. I saw the H3 at ISE and it is a nice craft indeed. No doubt worth every penny, but beyond my needs at this point.
[signature]
Wow they raised their prices last week. I just received a ODC 420 from them Saturday for only $152 with free shipping. New tube comes, down to only 3 antibiotics, kitties starting to play and a cold front is on its way in.[mad] O well maybe next week. [inline "Float Tube 2.JPG"]

I don't get out far and leave before bad weather so the new H3's are probably overkill for me. That said the one on the wall at Cabelas looks like a lot of fun.
[signature]
Yea what she said. I do love my ODC 420. I actually just purchased FG old SFC for my wife as she does not go very often. No with saying all that I did look at an H-3 when I purchased mine. If I had of had a little more $$ I would of had the H-3. I do like my ODC very much, as i think it is the best in the sub 200 catagory. Wile I have not floated on the H3 I will say from what i have seen it is one of the tops. Also if you do a search Evilash had been very outspoken against it, now he rides on one and I do believe loves it.
[signature]
Check Ebay. There is still a guy there that has Mustard colored 06 fat cats for $220. The Mustard colored ones are the only ones I know of that you cae save more than $25 on anywhere. There is also a guy there selling ODC 420's (go to his site for a better deal.) for $179 as well. I've done buisness with both and have been happy.
hth
[signature]
Thanks much [cool]
[signature]