Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suckers salmon and smelt,,, Oh my
havent seen or heard of a one....

no sighn of the suckers in the rivers,

not heard of any one bringing back any smelt,
no smelt in the super yet...
[signature]
no sign of them in south east mich, any one seeing them north of flint?

no rain down here to speak of...
rain in the forcast for mon tues and wens.

still floating ice on the lakes. looking like it will disapear any second.
[signature]
My Uncle in the U.P. says when the frogs outside his deer camp start peepin, the Smelt start running, hes gone by it before and apparently hes been successful, Im gonna head up there once he hears the "peeps" this year. I thought he was crazy but might be an idea to try, ill inform when I get the call
[signature]
I have heard stories about the peepers, (baby frogs weaking up in the spring - singing)

I have always gone by the whipporwills. they have been back for a week now...

now my dad always went by the sypress trees. when they bloom. it will be several weeks for the sypress blooms out, thay are about the first trees to bloom in the spring.. That works for the red horse, I am looking for the white horse. they come up a few weeks earlier than the reds and stay for a few days and go back down in just a cuple days...
[signature]
If I told ya I heard a peep today would you beleive me?

If I told you the peep was at my door would you beleive me then?

If I told you the peep was in my hand and I took a pic would you beleive me then?

well 9:30 on the pm side of today I let the dog out, I am suprized she didnt spot it right off, I stepped out the door and thought I steped on a drowned rat. glad I didnt put my weight down, I backed off when I did not feal the hard wood ramp and leaned over and it started hopping...

so not to miss the photo oppertunity I grabed the little peeper and came back in and grabbed my camrera and stepped back out the door because the peeper was figiting in my hot hand and peepin loud cause he didnt like my hot hands... back out the door I grabed thee shots, and turned him loose, only one shot turned out.
[center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/6507/cat/500/ppuser/89"][Image: peeper_1.jpg][/url][/center][/center] [center]click for larger image[/center]
[signature]
The Amish have already started planting in there small gardens , the feilds haven't been touched yet .
Some farmers have started turning over their feilds .
That was a hint to me to get the rake out and start the yard work .
Had a salimander and a toad crawl out of the leaves .
Didn't see any bugs or worms .
Bought the boat tags , there still in the glove box .
[signature]
yep, it is time to plant peas, onions, radishes, brocolli, cabage, collifower, any trees you want to get out. strawberry sets, transplant rasberries, start pulling out the summer bulbs.

if ya like radishes, you can have a bumper crop before you plant your tomatos... so you can plant them right where the tomatos go... You can plant mustard and turnips now as well, but they take much longer to grow so plant them some where else..

you need to wait a week if you want to pull the tractor out, but if you are pulling the plow by cloddales or morgans the it is time to start plowing the feilds cause you are going to be plowing from now till june.... (no offence intended to any one) the old way takes for ever plus a day to get the job done.... talk about patients... I have to hand it to the Amish, they have more patients than me...
[signature]