Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This forum will be moving
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi fellow fly fishers - just wanted to give you an advanced noticed that we will be adding several sub categories to the Fly Fishing & Tying forum. The name will remain the same but within, the following heading will be added:[/size][/green][/font] [ul] [li][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Tying & using fresh water flies [/size][/green][/font] [li][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Tying & using salt water flies [/size][/green][/font] [li][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Casting techniques[/size][/green][/font][/li][/ul]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]At perhaps a later time we might even expand our sub-categories.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Now because of how the BFT is set up, forums with additional categories are moved down the list of forums.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]You will have to scroll down aways to find our site. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Since I moderate several boards on the BFT & FMB sites I have created short cuts on my desktop so that I can reach any of my boards with one click of Mickey. LOL. If you don't know how to create a short cut let me know and I will post the How To instructions. Thanks for you patience during the transition.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I guess this means I need to pack up my Bobbins and Bodkins so that I'll be ready for the move.[cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]And maybe your Momkins & Popkins too. Otherwise they might be thinking that you deserted them. LOL[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
what about general fly fishing talk. and insted of casting shouldnt it be casting and presentation Tec ?

also be sure to remeind your guest that my favorites is a good way after it has moved and even subscribing to the fly fishing board will get them an email every time there is a post or reply on the fly fishing forum. but if you want notice from all the fly fishing boards you will have to subscribe to all of them seperatly once the boards have been set up....
[signature]
[Wink]You cant Ditch me....I'll find you where ever you go.
Tying and using Fresh water flies sounds good. Those others....hmm.
I'm pretty set in my ways on casting, and I live a long days drive from any salt water.

Other Headings I might get all excited about might be...
Stream or lake reports.
Fish n' Game issues.
Timely tips. (As in what to do and what to use right at this piticular time of year)

I'd like to petition for a little help in speeding up the loading process. For those of us on Dial-up.

I'm guessing that all the Advertising that loads up before the subject does is causing a loooonnnnngggg time delay between the time I click on the 'Reply' and the time the blinking curser appears in the subject box.
Comically some things appear in spots on the screen in some places, then something else will appear way over there...and then over here..! Random access planning?

The time (I'm guessing again) is about the same as a 2-Meg photo download.
It's about 1:40s for me.[mad]

Maybe if you could get the Subject box to appear first, and let the AD's continue to show up as we type....?

I'll go work on my boat now till the smoke clears.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi there Thudpucker - often folks new to fly fishing are looking for pointers on how to get started or improve on their casting skills. We're trying to accommodate all levels of learning. Including other topics at this time would be quite time consuming. Some of the topics you mentioned are already addressed under each individual state. But as time goes by will consider additional topics.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3]I am sorry about your dial up problems. The moderators have no control over this issue. By the way I have DSL which costs $19.95/mo. Not much more than dial up unless it is not available in your area. I would hate to have to revert to dial up. That would hurt.[pirate][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 4]I too have dial-up (save my money for more gear[laugh]). I just hit download and go for a walk around the river. Come back and watch a movie. Kinda cool[/size][/black]
[signature]
[#002850][size 3]now is that a short river or a lonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg river.. [sly][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]MacFly [cool][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]btw.. taking grandson to Fred Hall show this weekend... from what I gather should be a lot of fun for both of us.. also been told by tuben2 that they usually have great deals on gear like tubes and toons and waders and such ohhhhhhhhhhhh mmmyyyyyyyyyy ...... can you say leave the check book and credit cards at home???? [sly][/size][/#002850]
[signature]
[blush]Thanks DryRod,
I was only speaking for myself. The logic in the new Headings is good. I certainly was not complaining (except about the speed)! You have a well oiled machine going here and I cant improve on it.

FlyGoddess must have it worse than I do. I connect at 32 to 44Kbps. I'm told in some areas, 20 is a good speed. I just cant imagine...[crazy]

Now back to the boat. The sun is shining and I'm gonna miss some nice days on the water if I dont get going.
[signature]
[size 1]FlyGoddess must have it worse than I do. I connect at 32 to 44Kbps. I'm told in some areas, 20 is a good speed. I just cant imagine...[crazy] [/size]

[black][size 3]Since they redid our phone lines, I am always at 44kbps.[/size][/black]
[signature]
I was using dial up until about 2 months ago. I found a company called DSL extreme. They are in many parts of the US. My equipment and monthly bills come from SLC!! They are very inexpensive and may work in your area.

go to DSLextreme.com for more information. I am paying 12.95 a month for very good speed.

That is less than what I was paying for dial up and it allows me more fishing time.[cool]
[signature]
FG...you know what I do for a living and I would say that this is a good deal.. if it is in your area you may want to take advantage of it.. the speed difference could end up making you river walks shorter.. [Wink]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
The divisions make sense if there is more activity. This forum does not have much activity. I think breaking it down now will hinder the progress of the forum.

The number of fly tiers is a lot smaller portion of the fly fishing world.
[signature]
We are doing this in an effort to draw more newbies in and entice the pros to share a little bit of what they have.

I have been on the boards for close to 4 years now. It wasn't till recently that I came "Out of the closet" on one of my other favorite hobbies. Saltwater fly fishing.

I was then invited to help out here with some extra goodies. After all, Saltwater fly fishing is still fly fishing.

I have many friends that have looked over the FF board here and had pretty much the same thoughts that I had. The board was predominately freshwater flyfishing from appearance.

Us Salty dawgs use the same tools, some of the same tacktics and only a few different materials to accomplish the same feat. Fishing with a Fly.

We are in hopes of drawing a greater crowd of anglers here. We do not wish to cause any confusion for anyone but only to simplify the process.

For every registered member that we have here, only a small percentage are actually participating. Also for each member, there are probably 10 times as many just waiting for the right level of comfort before they will actually join and be participants here.

For all of those who are reading this right now, if you haven't joined, please do. Whether you are thinking about getting started or have taken an active interest in Flyfishing, fresh or salt water, please feel free to come on in and share your thoughts and feelings here too.

One of your Friendly Moderators

TubeN2
[left][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thanks tubeN2 well said. Now how about doing some Bone fishing? After watching a FF America or some similar program felt a little envious of the celebs who fly off to an exotic island to fly fish the salty flats. Needless to say the cost of their gear, travel [by private jet] guide & lodging would probably set me back the price of a new car. Heck when you make $20 million or so who's counting! So where & when are you taking me MR. Celeb? LOL Or how about FF for Snook? I have already picked out my guide.[/size][/green][/font] [/left] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=22842;][/center]
[signature]
Hey Dryrod. If there were really guides like that, I would still be trying to learn. ha ha.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hi there Guest and welcome to the BFT & Fly Fishing forum. Say it would be nice to address you my a name that you have chosen for yourself versus "guest". Kindly take a moment and register by clicking onto the link at the bottom of my post. Doesn't cost a thing and we won't sell your name. Besides when you return here we'll know who you are.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
QUOTE (I too have dial-up (save my money for more gear[laugh]). I just hit download and go for a walk around the river. Come back and watch a movie. Kinda cool )

Your old man is just cheap. cheap wine, cheap beer, cheap internet, cheap brothers etc. Letme know if I forgot anything.
[signature]
Dryrod you could have made the pic alittle bigger.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there poky-mon, do you mean that you are having a hard time seeing the fish? LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]