Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to Fishheiser
On his maiden voyage this evening. An 18" LMB is not a bad way to get the ball rolling. Nice meeting you, and sorry that I left the good camera home and had to break out the emergency cellphone cam. I thought my bad luck of getting skunked this week would have spilled over to you based on proximity and we would not need any photographic evidence

[Wink]

[Image: 431926416_5fca617684.jpg?v=0]
[signature]
Thanks Dusty it was fun to fish with ya. You could not ask for any better weather for Nebraska in March 70 and very little wind. I feel like I can now officially post on the float tube forum now that I have actually fished out of one. After a little getting used to I really enjoyed fishing out of the tube. I wanted to keep it simple for the first trip out so I only took one pole with me. I don't think that will last to long. I'm an electrician and today at the jobsite some of the plumbers PVC was Winking at me from the corner.[Smile]
[signature]
[reply]
Thanks Dusty it was fun to fish with ya. You could not ask for any better weather for Nebraska in March 70 and very little wind. I feel like I can now officially post on the float tube forum now that I have actually fished out of one. After a little getting used to I really enjoyed fishing out of the tube. I wanted to keep it simple for the first trip out so I only took one pole with me. I don't think that will last to long. I'm electrician and today at the jobsite some of the plumbers PVC was Winking at me from the corner.[Smile][/reply]

As I said on the other board, my poles keep getting in the way -- so I may be trading the pole space for a good camera and a few lenses, and of course I could use my fishfinder battery to keep the DVD player going for a couple of extra hours (maybe add a fan for summer). I am off to find a book about bird watching.....I may take that up if the trout taunt me too much tomorrow morning [laugh]

P.S. -- While I am gone to Utah to try to get a fish or 2 to surrender (I.E. -- Paying TubeTude to snap a few pictures of me with his fish to send back to the NE board [sly]) keep the motor boats off of Wehrspan and Walnut Creek -- I don't want them harming the habitat while I am gone.....I want the fish undisturbed until I get back.
[signature]
I will do my best about the motor boats Dusty those lakes are "No Wake" so when I position my tube in front out them at least they won't be going too fast. Good luck in Utah with Fishdude, the lakes over there look so nice that you don't even have to fish in the pic to make it look photogenic.
[signature]
Way to go dude. You are now official and authenticated. Good job. Keep it up and we'll have to teach you how to hit the rapids soon.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Now ya gone and done it. You're one of us'ns and you arrived in style.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It only gets better from here...or worser.[/#0000ff]
[signature]