Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fish are a bonus
It is finally late March and the weather is warming up. The beginning of March was not like that. There was 17 inches of snow on the ground just 3 weeks ago. The cold early March winds are still vivid in your memory. It is Sunday morning. You are being a little lazy and still in bed. You close your eyes and drift away to last year (May and June)

[Image: ugly1.jpg]

You find yourself bombarded by smells and sounds. You can hear the wind in the trees. The smell of morning dew. The chirping of the birds. The world is new again. There is a rebirth.

[Image: ugly5.jpg]

You are still half asleep and dreaming of warm summer days. The journeys to the streams are fresh and aromatic. You picture yourself walking through a field of flowers on your way to your favorite stream.

[Image: ugly4.jpg]

You are fighting to wake up...These dreams are way too vivid to be just memories. Then it hits you. Do I fish to catch fish or do I fish because the places I fish are just so beautiful? Such a dilemma. Is it time spent with loved ones on the streams and enroute there? You are awakened by a soft touch on the shoulder. It is your son....He was having the same dream. He asks: "Dad is it time to go fishing yet?"

[Image: alecDad.jpg?t=1174835096]
[signature]