Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 hp inflatable boat
For those that may want to outrun that marlin, or pull a bevy of water skiers.
How about a 2,000 HP, Outboard Inflatable Boat!!!!
Here's the latest drug runner from some European nuts.
This thing was belting across the English channel 3 times per week and was
just a blur on the radar of the British coast guard. They were so blown
away by the speed of the thing that they brought in a specialized
chopper to catch it !!!!
What was on board...... 300 kgs. of pure cocaine!

[Image: 8_outboards.jpg]
[signature]
That is the way that I want to set up my float tube only without the drugs.[cool]
[signature]
That must be one scary ride at full throttle.[crazy] I guess gas isn't a concern.[Wink]
[signature]
Holy flying rubber tube batman!!! LOL What kind of balls would you have to drive that thing? I bet it didn't steer worth a crap with props accross the entire back. I think i'll let TubeN2 keep that set up for himself. [Wink]
[signature]
He musk be eatin his spinisk! uk uk uk uk uk uk uk[sly]

I would emagin he has hydrolic stearing..

looking at it better, the top looks inflatable, but the bottom looks hard deck...

I have seen the idiots on my lake put motors on thier crafts and end up flipping them... not side way but nose over ass....
[signature]
Wow.. I thinking it's mostly straight line speed though Smile
[signature]
I can beleive that, at those speeds a trun any more that 2-3 degrees would be a total whipe out.....[laugh][shocked]
[signature]
i think you will need the drugs to operate something like that
[signature]
I think the "hard deck" is actually the fuel storage to keep this thing running..........
[signature]
I beleive that,
I was wondering what the fuel cosumption per hour was.?

lets say if it takes an hour to cross the english channel...? how many gallons per hour is that thing sucking up?
[signature]
I can help with that. [cool]

8 250hp outboard motors is about 5500 pounds of weight alone. The boat probably adds another 8000, so were looking at 13500 pounds worth of boat (dry weight). Now, lets say it has a 300 gallon tank at 6 pounds a gallon, add another 1800 pounds of weight. Now were up to 15300 pounds. Now, add people, drugs, and gear, might as well add another 2000 pounds. We've got a total of 17300 pounds. The average outboard in that size range gets around 2.5 miles a gallon when matched on a light boat. You're probably looking at about a gallon a mile per outboard based on the weight and the extreme drag a boat like that would have. So, based on my limited knowledge, i'd bet it's safe to say it spends about 8 gallons of gas a mile, depending on how the boat is driven. It might get better than that depending on the spec's of the boat. Considering the fact of all that horsepower, those motors don't have to work very hard to move the boat, based on that theory, it might get better gas mileage than I think. I might get excellent gas mileage, something like 4 gallons per mile. A half gallon per motor per mile.
[signature]
and ya figure its about 30-40 miles across the english channel? I am guessing...

time 8 is 240 gallons time 5 because that is what they pay for gas. thats $1200.oo to cross one time $2400.oo round trip...

no wonder his fishing boat got popped for drugs...

the only thing I cant figure is, where are the down riggers and the rod holders?
[signature]