Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
River fishing
I passed by the pee dee on the way to the ocean saturday, and i've never seen the landing so full. Every parking spot was taken. The water was still high though, so i'm sure the fishing probably wasn't so hot. Did anyone give it a try?

I'm pretty sure most of them were just joy riding anyhow. The weather was perfect for a boat ride. Nice and warm, and it wasn't too humid.

I think the water will eventually come down with in the next couple weeks and it will warm up enough for the fish to start biting pretty good. I still intend on giving the goldfish a try. I might just change up a bit and give the river a try this weekend. The catfish don't really care if the water is high or not. As long as there is a decent current along the bridge, the catfish are there.

Someone told me the other day to use fresh cut eel for blue cats, so I might try out a hole using that type of bait. I know a couple holes where the blues like to hang out. [cool]
[signature]
haha well be sure to get a picture with one of those giant cats, i'd def. love to see that!
[signature]
[Tongue] I'm going to do my best. I know there are a few guys haggin' around the SC board that would like to see a few kitty pic's. I know Jimmy W. and Saltwaterron are close by my area. You guys out there? LOL

I will have to see how it goes the rest of this week first. My older son has been a real smarty pants this whole week, including getting in trouble at school. [unimpressed] So I don't know if i'm going to be able to hit the water or not. I might end up having to "plot" on him for the weekend if he isn't able to get his act together by then. Unless the ol' lady wants to have at it, then the father in law and I can just hit the water. [cool]
[signature]
haha well whatever it takes right [Tongue] LOL i know i'm not gonna let anything stop me from fishing at least once this weekend[cool]
[signature]