Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Rainbows
Got the family out for some rainbow action yesterday. We spent an hour or two, casting Shad Raps and spinners around Mustang. We landed a few smaller fish (13-14 inches) but decided to tour uplake around noon. We ended up trolling around in Sheep Creek Bay where we caught some healthier fish (15-18 inches). Fish were hanging off-shore, suspended at 15-20 ft of water over 30-40 ft of depth. We enticed fish using #5 Jointed Shad-Raps in crawdad and #5 Shad Raps in silver behind planer boards running about 1.5 mph. Water temps climbed to about 42F by afternoon. Enjoy.
[signature]
Nice report Ryno, thanks for sharing. Did you try fishing for any macks? Thanks for all the info on what you were using, speed you were trolling, even the water temp, great stuff[Smile].
[signature]
I didn't harass the macks that day. My kids are big rainbow trout fans. I'm not quite sure how that happened either. We spent some time boating and looking at the scenery, but what little time we spent fishing they wanted to catch more "rainbow fish"! It was a pretty good time though, and we had a couple of the bows tail dancin' into the boat!
[signature]
Can't blame those kids, bows are a blast to catch when they start that tail dancing[cool]. Plus it's always good to keep the kids and there for, the wife happy[Wink].
[signature]