Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly TubeN Trip on Sunday

Here is few pics of my new ride. Since I happened to have a spey rod in my hand I decided to put this one on the FF board first.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/6477/size/big/cat/"][Image: IMG00031.JPG][/url]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/6476/size/big/cat/575"][Image: IMG00030.JPG][/url]

This is the Fenwick GFF 9010 with the extra spey grip on it. Pflueger Medalist 8wt reel. 9wt sinking tip line and a TN2/Clouser minow with 3/16oz eyes. It sounds a little heavy but it is just the right size for Halibut.

We had several come up but none were legal size. They are supposed to be 22 inches which puts them right around 18lbs.[cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Nice looking yatch there tubeN2. Almost has room for two.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
I'm still trying to figure out the attatchment method for my Deluxe Rod Rack. You never want to run short on gear especially out in the middle of the ocean.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/6472/cat/575"][Image: IMG00021.JPG][/url]click to enlarge[cool]
[signature]
You are more brave than myself. I will not get on the water without an inflatable life vest on. But then again I am deathly afraid of water. You would think someone who used to sail catamaras, solo sail them on the ocean, and race sailboats would not be but I am.

But for those who are thinking of getting a tube here is a reason to always have a life vest on. Especially for those of us fishing cold water fisheries.

[url "http://www.billingsgazette.com/newdex.php?display=rednews/2004/10/14/build/outdoors/30-mt-outdoors.inc"]http://www.billingsgazette.com/newdex.php?display=rednews/2004/10/14/build/outdoors/30-mt-outdoors.inc[/url]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I hope it suits you better than mine did me.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Looking at your arms, you can see why I hated it being a fly flinger (although, I had a lot more room on the sides he, he, he)[/size][/black]
[size 3]Those side bags and that apron are just too high, or else I sat too low.[/size]
[size 3]Did you have fun putting it together?[Wink][/size]
[signature]
Great pics...thank you ... but I am sitll not sure I would go into the ocean on a toon.. seems to me it would look way to tasty to critters below you...[laugh]

MacFly
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there TubeN2 - I thought that you were going to go with a Pontoon. Much safer way to get to Catalina. LOL. What was that song that the Beach Boys use to sing?[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=23008;][/center]
[signature]
Looks good Tn2 yellow must be popular after seeing flygoddesses and mine Like everybody gets yellow now (must be good luck ha ha ) Bring er up and we'll put it in a Iderho pond .
[signature]
You are right on the safety issue. I have a sample CO2 inflatable ring right under the entrance of the waders.

The ring inflates in an instant, creates nuetral bouyancy, seals moisture out of the waders and has a class 3 pfd rating.

I worked in the LA County FD for several years doing water rescues. Safety is #1 on my list.

The tube also has 4 separate air chambers as well as the foam seat. That makes for some extra PFD and PDQ.[cool]
[signature]
I didn't intend to be a copy cat. That was the only color they had at the Show. I would have preferred a nice Camo or something similar.

Flygoddess: Puting it together was alot easier than trying to get the seat into my FishCat4. ha ha. This already has the seat cushion installed for ya.

I could just picture little ole you in one of these things. You appear to be small (smaller than me) and that tube would be rather large on you.

That would actually make the tube look like a "Venus Flygoddess Trap". [laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I managed to stay just out of the Thresher Zone. They are all through that channel right now in Long Beach. I was actually just down the way from the LB convention center where they had the Fred Hall show up this way.

Dryrod: I am tempted to take my Kayak to the Cat. That would be quicker than attempting in a toon. I still have plans for a regular toon though. I can put a center consule on it and drive it around like a boat.
[signature]
[size 1]That would actually make the tube look like a "Venus Flygoddess Trap". [laugh][laugh][laugh] [/size]

[black][size 3]Now you done it....I have to wipe the monitor off. Had a mouth full of coffee.[crazy] LMAO[/size][/black]
[signature]
My Bad[pirate]........Sorry Sis.[angelic]
[signature]
I gave her a high chair when she had it but she threw it at me and told me phonebooks worked just fine
[signature]
LMAO[laugh][laugh][laugh] I didn't realize that she was that small.[cool]
[signature]
I snorted iced tea out the nose.. sinues will never be the same...[laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Here is before Phone Book[laugh][/size][/black]
[inline "WaterSkeeter 2 500.jpg"]

[black][size 3]Here is after Phone Book[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[inline "Freestyle H3 011 500.jpg"]
[signature]
Okay...call me slow and dumb.. but I am Confused.. in the first picture we have our goddess sitting high and mighty on a toon that looks like a big easy chair throne (appropriate for Goddesses Id say).. and this was before the phone book..

in the second picture we have our Goddess in a different and newer toon that seems to be less throne like but one she has stated over and over that she absolutely loves.. and even though she looks lower this is the picture after the phonebook is put into use..

my confusion is .. how can our Goddess look much more regal in a toon without the phonebook to enhance how she sits on the toon seat.. than she does in a toon with a phonebook to enhance her regal seating posture.. ???? .... [laugh]

Either way.. even in my Confused state of mind.. this is still our Goddess and as such she must be treated with due respect and honor.. [cool] ...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]LMAO, It's the arm position Mac, I gotta be able to spread my wings[laugh][/size][/black]
[signature]
[#000050]lol.. was just an outside observation of how much more regal our Goddess looks on the toon where she cannot spread the wings.. but I must say.. the h3?? in the second pic looks to be a lot more stable and comfortable.... [/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050]MacFly [cool][/#000050]
[signature]