Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soft hackle
does anyone have any pictures of great soft hackle flies that they have used on the Provo, Weber, or other local rivers?
[signature]
[black][size 3]I will have to take a picture and post it later, but I use a Tiemco 200R hook size 16 and 18[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]The body I make out of Floss in Olive, Orange Purple, Gray, Black and rib with very fine Gold or Silver wire.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Use Partridge for the soft hackle. I have had great luck with the Olive and the Gray on the middle. [/size][/black]
[signature]
just tied up some olive ones and I hope to give them a whirl this weekend on the Middle. thanks!!
[signature]
I posted a pic of the soft hackle sow which is my favorite my next favorite is Black/copper zebra with a soft hackle. Brama hen cape is my favorite to tie with.
[signature]
Don't have any pictures but there are many feathers you can use that work well. Starling, partridge, chest feathers off a peacock and that green feather off the back of a mallard just to name a few. Many ways to tie a soft hackle but I think wrapping the feather is probably the least preferable. The beauty of a soft hackle is that the stlye of fishing that you do on a river presents the fly the first. Not the line not the leader- no need for a drag free drift. Probably the most effective and easy way to fish or learn to fly fish there is.
[signature]